Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Perplexing game finds Cats with 85-74 win over Texas A&M

By LARRY VAUGHT

It was a game that’s hard to explain.

Kentucky fell behind 10-0 to Texas A&M — a team most expect to be near the bottom of the Southeastern Conference — before going on a dominating run to take a 35-21 lead and 48-34 halftime lead.

But in the second half, the Cats reverted or lost their mojo again or something. Kentucky led just 68-66 with 6:16 to play before finally winning 85-74 with a performance that again left John Calipari perplexed.

== MORE ==
    Comments 8 Comments
      anderwt -
      Cal is having to coach so much more harder than he thought with this group..
      catmanjack -
      The dogs just haven’t shown up.
      KSRBEvans -
      Classic inexperience--lollygag, surge, rinse, repeat.

It's going to get them beat some games, especially on the road, until they learn to play every possession.
      UKFlounder -
      BEvans likely said it better, but I think it’s not perplexing - Kentucky just isn’t a very good team. I’m not saying the Cats are awful, but they’re kind of stuck in the middle, and that’s why teams like Bama, aTm and some non-conference foes can be so competitive with a team made out of supposedly “top 2” recruiting classes.

The UNC (and perhaps U6) games displayed some potential, but this team RIGHT NOW is not close to that team consistently. The SEC season might be quite a bumpy ride, again, if they don’t grow up, soon. Guys like KJ or PJ need to compete and play hard AND WELL much more frequently than they currently do.
      KSRBEvans -
      Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
      BEvans likely said it better, but I think it’s not perplexing - Kentucky just isn’t a very good team. I’m not saying the Cats are awful, but they’re kind of stuck in the middle, and that’s why teams like Bama, aTm and some non-conference foes can be so competitive with a team made out of supposedly “top 2” recruiting classes.

The UNC (and perhaps U6) games displayed some potential, but this team RIGHT NOW is not close to that team consistently. The SEC season might be quite a bumpy ride, again, if they don’t grow up, soon. Guys like KJ or PJ need to compete and play hard AND WELL much more frequently than they currently do.
      I was listening to Mike DeCourcy yesterday and he pretty much said the same thing. He said this is a collection of inexperienced, B+ level players. He says that level of talent can't just walk into a gym and beat you by showing up, especially in conference, especially on the road. They have to work hard and work together, and they haven't figured out how to do that yet, at least consistently.
      Terminus -
      Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
      I was listening to Mike DeCourcy yesterday and he pretty much said the same thing. He said this is a collection of inexperienced, B+ level players. He says that level of talent can't just walk into a gym and beat you by showing up, especially in conference, especially on the road. They have to work hard and work together, and they haven't figured out how to do that yet, at least consistently.
      That’s fair and a good assessment, imo. Unfortunately one of our most consistent attributes is inconsistency. I really like the way Hagans is coming along and growing into that floor general role. He’s been a better passer than I anticipated and has a nice hesitation dribbble he uses getting to the rim.
      anderwt -
      That is why the fan base is so frustrated..the talent is there in these guys, they just aren’t bringing it and it’s frustrating Cal..
      Catfan73 -
      We’ve got some A talent but we don’t bring it every game much less every possession.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post