Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky # 12 in Final AP Poll

SEC
    2. Alabama
    6. LSU
    7. Georgia
    7. Florida

12. Kentucky
    16. Texas A&M

RV
    (28) Mississippi State
    (32) Auburn
    (34) Missouri

https://collegefootball.ap.org/poll
    Comments 11 Comments
      TRUCKERCATFAN -
      The bad loss at UT still haunts. That cost us several ranking positions and likely knocked us out of the New Years 6 bowl fames. Still proud though.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post
      The bad loss at UT still haunts. That cost us several ranking positions and likely knocked us out of the New Years 6 bowl fames. Still proud though.
      It did, but I'm over it, and just as proud as you are of their 10-win, New Year's Bowl winning season.
      TRUCKERCATFAN -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      It did, but I'm over it, and just as proud as you are of their 10-win, New Year's Bowl winning season.
      I’m very proud. Can’t wait till we win 10 again next year!
      Catfan73 -
      Just realized something else about Florida’s ranking besides the fact they’re ahead of UK...they lost 3 games and are ranked ahead (or tied with) all three—Georgia, UK, and Missouri. Missouri sure, but UK and Georgia have equal or better records AND beat them.
      dtalbersjr -
      Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
      Just realized something else about Florida’s ranking besides the fact they’re ahead of UK...they lost 3 games and are ranked ahead (or tied with) all three—Georgia, UK, and Missouri. Missouri sure, but UK and Georgia have equal or better records AND beat them.
      And all 3 of those losses were by double digits, and two were at home. None were road games.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
      And all 3 of those losses were by double digits, and two were at home. None were road games.
      And right about the time I say, "well, I understand; they value wins more than losses," I turn to Kentucky's schedule and see where (at least, I think) we were penalized heavily for losing to lowly Tennessee.

I actually think the bottom line is that Kentucky earned a lot of street cred this year, but we have years of no cred to overcome. If we had UGA or UF's pedigree before the season, and the same results occurred, we'd probably finish in the top 10. Just my WAG.
      Catfan73 -
      That brings up another issue with not being in the too-early polls for next season. It’s a long climb to get to one of those NY6 bowl games when you don’t even start the season on the radar.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
      That brings up another issue with not being in the too-early polls for next season. It’s a long climb to get to one of those NY6 bowl games when you don’t even start the season on the radar.
      I'm more disappointed that we're at least not getting more love in the too-early polls than I am where we finished.

Just stick us at # 22 or something and I'm ok with it. Give us a reasonable starting point. Starting outside the top 25 means we have to go on a pretty strong win streak at the beginning to get where we need to get.

We start with Toledo. Ho hum, in the voters' eyes. A win does nothing. Starting in the top 25, though, we at least tread water, or go up if somebody loses immediately above us.

We then play Eastern Michigan. Ditto. Even at 2-0, only mild interest with those games.

Then we play Florida. OK, now we're talking. But lose that game, and we're 2-1, and if we weren't in the top 25, it's going to be a long time before we are in it. We could win on the road, at Mississippi State, and go 3-1, and still not be in, and then win on the road the week after, and go 4-1, and maybe we're getting looks again. After the open date, we play Arkansas, who may be bad again, and even if we win at 5-1, we're at the bottom of the top 25, then have to go to Athens to play Georgia.

Basically, starting outside the top 25 makes the Florida game in Lexington a near must-win (if we're talking about a NY6 bowl game or similar). Now, it might have been a must-win, or nearly so, anyway, but there's absolutely no cushion.
      Terry Blue -
      #11 in final coaches poll
      catmanjack -
      Someone take the time to teach TB to read other threads.
      Catfan73 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      I'm more disappointed that we're at least not getting more love in the too-early polls than I am where we finished.

Just stick us at # 22 or something and I'm ok with it. Give us a reasonable starting point. Starting outside the top 25 means we have to go on a pretty strong win streak at the beginning to get where we need to get.

We start with Toledo. Ho hum, in the voters' eyes. A win does nothing. Starting in the top 25, though, we at least tread water, or go up if somebody loses immediately above us.

We then play Eastern Michigan. Ditto. Even at 2-0, only mild interest with those games.

Then we play Florida. OK, now we're talking. But lose that game, and we're 2-1, and if we weren't in the top 25, it's going to be a long time before we are in it. We could win on the road, at Mississippi State, and go 3-1, and still not be in, and then win on the road the week after, and go 4-1, and maybe we're getting looks again. After the open date, we play Arkansas, who may be bad again, and even if we win at 5-1, we're at the bottom of the top 25, then have to go to Athens to play Georgia.

Basically, starting outside the top 25 makes the Florida game in Lexington a near must-win (if we're talking about a NY6 bowl game or similar). Now, it might have been a must-win, or nearly so, anyway, but there's absolutely no cushion.
      Good illustration.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post