Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• The Wildcats Look to Continue Dominance over the Cardinals

The Yum Center will be more alive Saturday than at any point this year. It's obvious because there's going to be a survival of the fittest. Before the season it was thought to be a no contest but the Cards have under the leadership of Chris Mack have put together a much more early competitive team on the floor.

Many of you may be unaware of the fact that U of L’s point guard is former Lexington Henry player Christen Cunningham that signed with Samford University out of high school and is now a graduate transfer at the University of Louisville. “I realize that no school in Kentucky offered me a scholarship and plan on making them regret that decision,” Cunningham said at the time of his commitment. He said he didn’t know if he had made good on that plan the 18-year old promised and that’s for somebody else to decide. He has the dubious distinction of being the son of the infamous Shirley Cunningham. He has established himself as the leader of the Cardinal's team.

Prior to last Saturday’s big North Carolina defeat at hands of the Wildcats the temperature of the BBN was very high but has now gone down significantly – though there are still some organizations that are still picking the Cats to lose.

As per usual John Calipari’s teams thrive off of their defense. And Saturday was no different against the Tar Heels. Ashton Hagans’ played the passing lanes magnificently and just the overall heady defense he and the team disrupted the entire NC team. Hagans tied a Wildcat steals record with eight. Previously the owners of that record were Rajon Rondo and Wayne Turner. PJ Washington made a great decision returning for his sophomore year.

The Football Wildcats Preparing for the Nittany Lions and Potpouri

At the Citrus Bowl on New Years Day a animal scuffle is going to break out. Research tells us that cats have claws that are sharper than that of the lion.

Speaking of smart decisions UK linebacker Josh Allen is being held up for national players to see what can happen if you come back for your senior year.

A football signing day holdover. Recruiting coordinator Vince Marrow said - “This is the best linebacker class we’ve signed since I’ve been here. He said of four-star prospects Jared Casey and J.J. Weaver, Shanw’Kel Knight-Goff, K.D. McDaniel, and Tra Wilkins, and junior college transfer Marquez Bembry. Bembry, Weaver, Casey and McDaniel are in the 240-pound range. All but Weaver will enroll for the spring semester.

Casey’s dad said he was happy his son decided to return back to this side of the country. “Jared always did like Oregon when he watched them on the TV,” dad said. “He like the glitziness of the program.

As I previously stated I don’t get into recruiting rankings. I’ve been following it since the early days of recruiting organizations and publications. I was more into it when John Tolson and I published our newsletter on UK football. Nationally there was Tom Lemming, Max Emfinger, Phil Groz, Bill King, Prep Star, and others. They are now condensed into 247.com, Rivals, Scout, and ESPN services. There is some accuracy at the top 150-players and once you get past that group it’s very subjective.

Now, UK has a big and very important football game to play on New Year’s Day in the Citrus Bowl in Orlando Florida. Mark Stoops has compared Penn State to Mississippi State. This comparison put a very high premium on their quarterback of senior Trace McSorley. Much like MS’s Nick Fitgerald he makes a lot of plays with his feet.

Their offensive coordinator is Ricky Rahne who replaced Joe Morehead that’s now head coach at Mississippi State. His play calling has come under scrutiny at time this season much line UK’s guy Eddie Gran. Most of the time that scrutiny is unwarranted.

Though coach’s scout and game-plan the opponent thoroughly UK’s edge could come by way of the unknown. Eighty percent of Josh Paschal is better of 100 of most players on UK’s squad. Other’s that could come as a surprise the Nittany Lions are 6-foot-5 receiver Ahmad Wagner three of the first four time he touched the football this season he drew pass interference call on the opposition; wide receiver Josh Ali that’s coming into his own; freshmen linebackers freshman All-SEC DeAndre Square and Chris Oats; and wide receiver burner Akeem Hayes.

There’s not a lot of film on these Wildcats.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post