Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Calipari expects pressing, zone from Cardinals

By LARRY VAUGHT

After playing at Louisville Saturday, Kentucky will have a week off before opening Southeastern Conference play at Alabama.

Kentucky coach John Calipari just wants to see his team, which is coming off an 80-72 win over North Carolina, keep getting better and not get caught up in the hype for this game.

"Let’s just see if we can continue on this path. Had too many turnovers last game and some of them late in the game. Let’s get those down to 12, 11, 13 somewhere in that range we’ll be feeling pretty good," Calipari said. Friday.

"You want your team to fight like crazy like we did last game. Anybody that watched it that hit me just said, ‘That looked like one of your teams.’ Early in the season it was like, ‘That doesn’t look like a team you’ve coached.’ Basically, the intensity of play and the unwillingness to pass and create for each other – the unwillingness to talk kind of in shells – that is normal. That is not abnormal.

"We’re just working our way through. It’s a process. It’s day to day. Sometimes you take a step back. My whole mission has been this is a player-driven team. I do not want it to be a coach-driven team. I shouldn’t have to raise my voice for effort and intensity. If I raise my voice it’s because I’ve said the same thing three times. Short of that, I shouldn’t have to. Again, we have great kids who want to do it.”

Calipari said Louisville having a new coach -- Chris Mack -- won't impact the rivalry.

"You’re playing Louisville in their building where they play well and where they’re waiting in the weeds for us. It’s going to be a hard game," he said.

Calipari said Friday he anticipates the Cardinals may open the game pressing.

"I think they’ll throw some of that 1-3-1 at us a little bit. And I think they’re going to fly up the court, and if they can’t, they’re going to try to – they run good stuff to get shots," Calipari said. "And then they rebound like crazy. They run guys to the rim.

"I think they’ll play as fast as they can or as fast as we’ll let the game go. Like I said, I think they’re going to throw some stuff at us, which I would expect that they would.”
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post