Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Allen Wins Jack Lambert Award

College Football’s Top Linebacker as Selected by the Touchdown Club of Columbus, Ohio

LEXINGTON, Ky. – Kentucky senior linebacker Josh Allen has been named winner of the 2018 Jack Lambert Award, signifying the top linebacker in college football, by the Touchdown Club of Columbus, Ohio.

Allen is the first Wildcat to receive the honor, which has been given since 1991 and includes recipients such as current NFL stars Khalil Mack, Luke Kuechly and Von Miller. Allen will be presented with the award – named for Jack Lambert, Pittsburgh Steelers Hall of Famer and Kent State football legend – on February 9, 2019, at the annual Touchdown Club of Columbus awards banquet.

Allen’s honors add to a growing list of national accolades for the senior from Montclair, N.J.

Bronko Nagurski Award, National Defensive Player of the Year
    Chuck Bednarik Award, National Defensive Player of the Year
    Ronnie Lott IMPACT Trophy, National Defensive Player of the Year
    Jack Lambert Award, National Linebacker of the Year
    First-Team All-America by Walter Camp Football Foundation, Sports Illustrated, TheAthletic.com, ESPN, Associated Press, College Football News, Football Writers Association of America, Sporting News, USA Today, CBS, American Football Coaches Association, Athlon Sports

Allen has been a pass rush terror this season. With 28.5 career sacks and 14 sacks in 2018, he now holds UK’s career and single-season records. His 11 career forced fumbles tie former Wildcats and current Chicago Bear Danny Trevathan for UK’s career mark (forced fumbles stats available since 1988). He leads the team with 84 tackles and paces the SEC in sacks, tackles for loss (18.5) and forced fumbles (5). He is among the NCAA leaders in sacks, TFL and forced fumbles. Twelve of his 14 sacks have come in the second half of games, including eight in the fourth quarter. In five of UK’s wins this season, Allen had a sack in the fourth quarter that was crucial to the Wildcat victory, including two sack/fumble/UK recoveries on the opponent’s final possession of one-score games.

Allen has helped lead Kentucky to a 9-3 record, UK’s best regular-season record in 41 years, and UK’s 5-3 SEC record is the team’s first winning league mark in 41 years. The Wildcats conclude the season Jan. 1 vs. Penn State in the VRBO Citrus Bowl.
    Comments 3 Comments
      catmanjack -
      Great player!
      CGWildcat -
      I don't know about any of you, I knew the kid was really good, but I'm not sure I appreciated just how good! Proud to have as part of our Big Blue Family.
      catmanjack -
      Exactly, but it was clear he was dominating that games and his presence won UK games.
      Very dominant force!
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post