Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Josh Allen wins Lott trophy

Josh Allen Named Winner of the Lott IMPACT Trophy

Senior linebacker leads the SEC and ranks in the top three nationally in sacks and forced fumbles

LEXINGTON, Ky. – University of Kentucky senior Josh Allen has been named the winner of the Lott IMPACT Trophy which is presented to the college football defensive IMPACT player of the year. The trophy was presented Sunday at the 15th annual awards banquet at the Pacific Club in Newport Beach, California.

Allen, along with finalists Ben Burr-Kirven of Washington, Christian Wilkins of Clemson and Ben Humphreys of Duke, represent the qualities embodied by Hall of Famer Ronnie Lott – Integrity, Maturity, Performance, Academics, Community and Tenacity.

Allen, a 6-foot-5, 260-pound linebacker from Montclair, N.J., was named the Lott Trophy Player of the Week three times during the season, the first player to win the POW award three times since Manti Te’o of Notre Dame in 2012.

Allen has been a pass rush terror this season. With 28.5 career sacks and 14 sacks in 2018, he now holds UK’s career and single-season records. His 11 career forced fumbles tie Trevathan for UK’s career mark (forced fumbles stats available since 1988). He leads the team with 84 tackles and paces the SEC in sacks, tackles for loss (18.5) and forced fumbles (5). Twelve of his 14 sacks have come in the second half of games, including eight in the fourth quarter. In five of UK’s nine wins this season, Allen had a sack in the fourth quarter that was crucial to the Wildcat victory.

Allen’s honors add to a growing list of postseason accolades as he has already received the Chuck Bednarik Award for the Outstanding Defensive Player of the Year, the Bronko Nagurski Trophy, signifying the National Defensive Player of the Year, was first-team All-America by Walter Camp Football Foundation, Sports Illustrated, and TheAthletic.com, and was named Southeastern Conference Defensive Player of the Year by The Associated Press and SEC coaches. The also was a finalist for the Ted Hendricks Award (defensive end of the year), the Walter Camp National Player of the Year and the Dick Butkus Award (nation’s best linebacker).

The Pacific Club IMPACT Foundation will make a $25,000 donation to the general scholarship fund of the winner’s university and $5,000 to each of the schools of the runners-up. In 14 years, the Pacific Club IMPACT Foundation has now donated more than $1.5 million, including nearly $650,000 to universities throughout the country.

For more on the Lott IMPACT Trophy visit: http://www.lottimpacttrophy.org
    Comments 7 Comments
      TRUCKERCATFAN -
      As a UK and a 49er fan, I love that Allen wins an award named after my all time favorite 49er defensive player!
      Catfan73 -
      Incredible!
      Darrell KSR -
      You will enjoy his acceptance speech....

"I had to google him."

LOL.

Enjoy.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...14395856232448
      WoodstockCat -
      Better make a big space for his name in Commonwealth. Most decorated defensive player
      In UK history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      UKFlounder -
      You mean a new aisle in Kroger? He has won a Lott of awards....

(C’mon, that was too easy &#128513

Quote Originally Posted by WoodstockCat View Post
      Better make a big space for his name in Commonwealth. Most decorated defensive player
      In UK history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      kingcat -
      I’m very proud of that young man
      dtalbersjr -
      Seriously, his jersey should be retired and put in our ring of honor immediately. Do it the first bye week he has in his rookie season.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post