Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Snell yet to make NFL decision

By LARRY VAUGHT

Even though Kentucky coach Mark Stoops made it sound like there’s no chance that running back Benny Snell will return to UK for a senior season, Snell said no decision has been made and he won’t discuss it with his family until after Saturday’s game with Louisville.

He also needs 207 yards to become Kentucky’s all-time leading rusher and move past Sonny Collins.*

“To be honest, I am not thinking like that. I know I still have another game to play,” Snell said. “I have all my goals above my bed. I am always thinking about them. But just let 26 (Snell’s number) be 26. I am not going to force it.”

Win or lose against Louisville, Kentucky will be in a bowl. That means Snell has two games to set the record — unless he opts out of the bowl game rather than risk an injury.

“I haven’t thought about it yet,” Snell said about the bowl game. “I like playing every game. I’m a football player, that’s what I do. I plan on playing.”

Snell helped Kentucky beat Louisville in 2016 but the Cards routed UK last year.

“This is rivalry game. When both teams go out there it is a war,” Snell said. “It will be a war as soon as we get out there and there won’t be no let up.”

Snell said he has to stay focused on winning, not setting a record.

“I try to hold myself back not being too excited. I have to be focused on getting my offense, my team together. You have got to be the best player you can on the field, be the best at what you do. I catch myself trying to do too much at times and the things get out of hand when I do that.”
  • KSR Twitter Feed