Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Snell says Tennessee wanted it more; UK doesn't need players who lack hunger

By LARRY VAUGHT

Kentucky running back Benny Snell is relentless on the field. He can be just as relentless -- and blunt -- off the field.

Several times he's looked unhappy during games this season when Kentucky's offense could not move the football. He certainly wasn't happy Saturday in Knoxville after UK was blasted 24-7 by Tennessee one week after Georgia had also throttled UK.

“We’ve got to get those guys that are hungry. We’ve got to have everybody sold on this team and on this mission. This loss hurt. It hurt. The Georgia one, we were so close but that one hurt too," Snell said.

"I don’t want to say it snowballs, because I see how people are around practice and how people are around the facility. It’s just about executing. (Coach Mark) Stoops was saying in there that he’s got to do a good job preparing us. He’s got to prepare us for situations like this, when we’re coming fresh off a loss with Georgia, guys being up and wanting to be ready for a game like this.

"The blame isn’t even on Stoops. The blame isn’t on anybody as a team. We just take it as a team. We’ve got to keep our head up, because we’ve came so far. We’ve came so far from what we used to be. It’s going to be what it’s going to be.”

Snell wouldn't point fingers directly at any teammates but it's obvious he's not happy with the overall approach by everyone.

“I don’t want to say it’s not serious, but I feel like on the team, there’s not guys that have that dog mentality. You know what I’m saying? (Guys])that want it, that are hungry for it," Snell said.

Now here's the statement that should jolt UK fans -- and coaches.

"It was obvious that Tennessee wanted it more than Kentucky, so that’s why the outcome was what it was," Snell said.

Ouch! But there's more.

"We’ve got to eliminate those guys that don’t have that hunger. If you don’t have it anymore, we don’t need you," Snell said.

Can Kentucky get that hunger back?

"Put the guys in that want to play. Put the guys in that are not going to hurt the team, that are going to make us better," Snell said.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post