Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky is 6-1 Yet There’s That Imaginary Wall

By: LONNY DEMAREE

It might seem strange to some to hear what some of the BBN may term as nit-picking and some of the BBN may be a part of that nit-picking. Most of it is centered on “Touchdown” Terry Wilson.

Over the last nine quarters of UK football games that moniker seems a distance past. So what has happened to the Terry Wilson of the Florida game on the road, the Mississippi State game, and the first three quarter of the South Carolina game? He said he hasn’t had that fire he was initially playing with.

From what we can glean from today’s interviews the coaches have lit a fire under Terry Wilson. And as Coach Mark Stoops has often said it is not all the quarterback but all of the players around him.

The start of the afternoon post practice presser with Eddie Gran was it was said you are going to play several quarterbacks (pause). “I’m going to go in,” was Eddie Grans facetiously, sarcastic response. “Know, we been preparing for it all year. Terry is our starter but like coach (Stoops) alluded to we got two more ready to go. I had some things prepared for last Saturday night and you turn it over twice and it changes things and also the weather. I can’t guarantee anything but we are prepared. Gran said there’s a hesitancy to pull the trigger when his mind rolls back to some early turnovers and that he made in the first possession so you become skittish. Gran said when looking at the film the thing he saw with Wilson was pulling the trigger – being confident and getting the ball out on time. “There’s not a lot of space in this league and you got to let it go,” was Gran’s quick-triggered comment. How do you correct it? “Practice! He looked good out here in practice today and the ball was coming out good.”

Wilson the quarterback room was the same as always. “Laughing and joking around.” He said he needs to drown out all the outside-noise and get back to playing his game. Are things changing in the quarterback position? He said they’ve always battles ever since he arrived here nothing’s change as far as he knows. He said he has not been told anything in the way of a quarterback change. “I’ve just got to trust it and let it rip. I haven’t been doing that.
    The coaches said they are playing it by ear and the flow of the game. Darin Hinshaw was asked about the progress of Danny Clark. “Danny is improving every day,” the coach said. “He has a strong arm and can run. His accuracy has gotten lot better and he’s ready if he’s call upon. I’ve got to let it go and get back in my groove. “That’s what the coaches are doing in trying to fire some spark back in me,” Wilson said. Like some freshmen and first time starters do you hit a wall? Wilson said he has to bounce off that wall. Hinshaw said Wilson saw some things in the Texas A&M game he hadn’t seen he has to run through that wall. Eddie Gran said a good start in the games would be a big help.

The good thing as opposed to yesteryear is the Cats have some depth at the quarterback spot. So having said that this writer is predicting a Cat victory at Columbia, Missouri. 28-24.
  • KSR Twitter Feed