Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Wandale Robinson impressive on, off the field

By LARRY VAUGHT

Like he seems to do every Friday night, Western Hills star Wandale Robinson had another monster game Friday night in a 42-34 win at Garrard County.

However, what he did after the game might have been even more impressive.

He spent time with young fans — from Garrard County — based on a tweet from @seybold24 after the game. He called Robinson a “stand up dude, signing autographs and hanging out with kids after the Garrard County game, and these kids were from Garrard. Salute to you man!”

Salute indeed, especially based on how Robinson responded later when he saw the tweet he was tagged in.

“I used to be a kid just like them, always willing to bring some joy to kids!” Robinson tweeted.

He certainly is not a joy for opponents. Against Garrard, he rushed for 288 yards and four touchdowns and threw a 35-yard touchdown pass. He also again led Western Hills with 16 tackles, including five tackles for loss, along with a forced fumble and a quarterback sack.

That means he’s now rushed for 1,667 yards and 25 touchdowns, caught 17 passes for 367 yards and seven scores and now thrown a touchdown pass. He also has an interception return for a score — 97 yards against Lexington Catholic — and two kick returns for scores. He leads the state with 212 points.

On defense he has 85 tackles, including nine tackles for loss.

He’s not going to make his college choice until Nov. 1. An Alabama sportswriter was at Friday’s game because No. 1 Alabama is one of his six finalists along with Ohio State, Kentucky, Nebraska, Purdue and Michigan.

Robinson, who recently was chosen to play in the Adidas All-American Bowl, has been remarkably open about his recruitment and has* made it clear he’s yet to make his choice. However, that has not stopped others from speculating about where he’ll play in college.

That led him to posting this on Twitter last week:

“Just for clarification, I will be making my decision based on what’s best for me and family, nobody else. Unless I give you insight about my recruitment please don’t speak on it,” Robinson tweeted.

Robinson will face his toughest test of the season Friday night when Western Hills hosts unbeaten Boyle County, the defending state champion and top-ranked team in Class AAA.
    Comments 1 Comment
      Darrell KSR -
      Sounds like somebody is going to get a great kid as well as a great player.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post