Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: No need to panic over Kentucky offense

By LARRY VAUGHT

When Kentucky didn’t give the ball to Benny Snell on a third-and-two play in overtime at Texas A&M Saturday night that led to a Terry Wilson sack and then a Miles Butler 43-yard field goal try that was no good, it reminded me how former all-SEC tight end Jacob Tamme often has told me that players have to execute no matter the play call.

“I would agree (with myself). Disliked the call. Disliked the decision by Terry even more,” Tamme replied back to me on Twitter after the game. “Benny needed more carries. In order for that to happen we have to convert some 3rd downs and we flat didn’t do it tonight. Got to be able to pitch and catch it. 3rd down offense had been solid overall until tonight.”

He’s right. That’s why I am not ready to panic over what has happened to the UK offense the last six quarters — not after seeing Mississippi State and Florida get wins over top 10 teams Auburn and LSU Saturday after both State and Florida lost to UK earlier this season.

Saturday’s win put Texas A&M into the national rankings again and also dropped UK only from 13th to 18th in the Associated Press poll with the Cats having a bye this week.

“Feels weird saying this because that game was frustrating on a lot of levels but let’s take a step back ... at midway point 3-1 in SEC and BY FAR our worst game is an OT loss at Texas A&M,” Tamme tweeted.

He’s right. Any UK fan would have jumped at the chance to be 5-1 before the season started — and that was before it appeared that Louisville and Tennessee are not nearly as good as most expected.

Former UK lineman Cole Mosier still knows plenty of players on the team. He also encouraged patience from UK fans after the loss.

“Let’s not forget A&M is a good team guys and should be ranked. Their two loses came to Alabama and Clemson. Trust me we didn’t do ourselves any favors but will be fine y’all I promise. Everyone will learn from this game and move on to the next opponent!” Mosier tweeted.

Then came this tweet from ESPN sideline reporter Holly Rowe that UK fans should read twice.

“@UKFootball has come a LONG way since I last covered them. @JoshAllen41_ is absolutely incredible. He was in like every single play and has to be accounted for EVERY moment. #gamewrecker” Rowe tweeted.
    Comments 2 Comments
      dan_bgblue -
      Time for someone to say that’s just UK’s proper place lol.
      UK football has such a long history of agony and despair, that I expect the rest of the season to go one of two ways and either is as likely as the other. Win 5 and lose 1, or win 2 and lose 4 or anywhere in between. Because of past history It is hard for me to have confidence in the staff to coach the players into a position to close out the season on a strong note. I will sit back add wait to see if they can prove my skepticism to be wrong.
      kingcat -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      UK football has such a long history of agony and despair, that I expect the rest of the season to go one of two ways and either is as likely as the other. Win 5 and lose 1, or win 2 and lose 4 or anywhere in between. Because of past history It is hard for me to have confidence in the staff to coach the players into a position to close out the season on a strong note. I will sit back add wait to see if they can prove my skepticism to be wrong.
      I think this says perfectly what most of us are feeling.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post