Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Cats feeling swaggy headed to game with No. 14 Mississippi State

By LARRY VAUGHT

Maybe it's not that significant, but count me as one glad to see the Kentucky football team feeling a little swaggy going into Saturday night's game with No. 14 Mississippi State.

Kentucky football doesn't have a lot of experience handling prosperity like it must right now. Kentucky is 3-0 with a win over Florida, something that had not happened for 31 straight years. Now a win over Mississippi State would vault UK into the national rankings and establish UK as a legitimate SEC Eastern Division contender.

Last week ESPN writer Will Harris cast doubt on UK's capability despite its win over a so-so Florida team. He might have been right about Florida, but his words hit a nerve with the Cas.

"You better believe it," receiver Lynn Bowden said after Kentucky beat Murray State in response to the doubts Harris and others had about UK.

Bowden had a career-best eight catches for a career-high 89 yards against Murray.

Stoops said Bowden simply took advantage of the opportunities he had.

"When you dial some up where he has a good opportunity to get catches, and then you have some of the automatics, the way they're playing, they throw the bubbles so he gets some there as well. He's doing some really good things. He's practicing hard. He's getting better with every opportunity."

Bowden credited quarterback Terry Wilson for much of his success.

“I just told Terry we’re going to play this game. Trust me, give me a chance and I will make you look good," Bowden said after the game. "Terry is great to play with and run our offense. He's fast and great on the ground and in the air."

Bowden isn't worried about Kentucky being an underdog against Mississippi State.

“We expect to win every game. On my part, I want to be the best person I can," he said.