Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Stoops expecting great home crowd against Mississippi State

By LARRY VAUGHT

Give Mark Stoops credit for his honesty for not knowing what to compare the expected crowd for Saturday night's game against Mississippi State to based on past UK experiences.

"I just hope and expect to have a great crowd. I’m sure we will. The Big Blue Nation has not disappointed us in these big opportunities," Stoops said Monday. "The team is excited about being here and being in this environment and working extremely hard this week to give ourselves an opportunity to win.”

Stoops has registered some key wins at Kentucky -- but most have been on the road. South Carolina, Florida and Louisville are three that jump out.

He knows getting a marquee win at home over a ranked opponent like Mississippi State would really energize the UK fan base.

*“I think it’s important. Again, it’s the next game. That’s why it’s most important. It’s the game we’re focusing on," Stoops said.

"It’s a big opportunity against a ranked opponent at home. A lot of reasons why it’s a big game, and part of that is to win at home in a good environment like we’re going to have and I expect this week.”