Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Wilson's ability to make plays shows in Swamp

By LARRY VAUGHT

If you have been wondering why Terry Wilson was named Kentucky's starting quarterback, you finally got a chance to understand in the 27-16 win at Florida Saturday night.

Wilson ran for 107 yards and one score -- a brilliant 24-yard burst that showcased all his speed -- and complete 11 of 16 passes for 151 yards, including a 54-yard scoring bomb to Lynn Bowden in the third quarter and a 29-yard strike to David Bouvier to open the scoring.

Kentucky coach Mark Stoops said those were the kind of "explosive" plays they felt Wilson could make.

"He still has a lot of football ahead of him. He’s going to get better every opportunity," Stoops said after the win. "He was dynamic today when he pulled the ball down and ran.

"He missed that throw at the end of the half. We felt we had that play set up and he missed that throw. We told him at halftime to go back out there and let it rip and let’s go play the second half. And he made some big plays.”

Wilson's perceived edge over Gunnar Hoak at quarterback was his ability to make yards with his speed and running ability on broken plays like he did against Florida.

"Those are critical, to have a quarterback that’s very dynamic like that. Your structure of your defense puts a lot of pressure on you," Stoops said.

"You’ve heard me talk about it when we play dual-threat guys. The fact that he can do that, as we progress and start throwing the ball more, it’ll put more and more pressure on the defense.”
    Comments 1 Comment
      kingcat -
      SEC teams have so much speed on the corners to go along with the biggest of uglies that a QB like him can be invaluable to success. The way he worked the edges against the speed of UF was beyond his years and their ability to defend
      Awesome!
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post