Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• The Central Michigan game Yields Good and Bad

By: LONNY DEMAREE

For those that casually follow the Wildcat football team there are mysteries that unfolded. The same is true for us in the media that follow the individuals. When I was still sitting in the stand nothing annoyed me more than someone without a program and constantly asking who is that guy. My viewing as a fan was mostly analytical and under the circumstance it was hard for me to concentrate.
    So, Saturday in a more sanitize atmosphere I was able to see things clearly and following are some players that I gleaned their play along with the observations of Coach Mark Stoops.

A.J. Rose
    Stoops has been extolling the play of Rose in practice but back in the spring game he finaly show what they had been talking about. All that was left to see was his play when players on the opposite side were wearing different jerseys. He stepped up and made the same plays. Stoops said he wasn’t surprised and as Rose laid done his stamp. Could UK again have ‘Thunder and Lightning?’

Kash Daniel
    The first time I got my first glimpse of the UK starting middle linebacker was at Paris, Kentucky. He then excelled on both side of the football. This in spite of a serious knee injury in the first quarter. What he showed was a prerequisite for bigtime football. The Mister Football winner came to Kentucky with his sights set on making Eastern Kentucky proud. Daniel passed the test in his first start logging eleven tackles with better things to come.

David Bouvier
    This young player had logged his time doing the things to help the team win football games. Saturday was the first time he was cast in the spotlight logging starter minutes. His position coach Michael Smith has been singing the praises of Bouvier starting back in the spring. Saturday was the day he delivered a touchdown catch at a crucial moment in the first half.

DeAndre Square
    Square drew some raise from Stoops and some teammates for his play back in the spring. He was an early entrée on the football team back in the winter. It’s always good to see a player back up those praises in the heat of play and Saturday he delivered with some solid play. The coaches say he has a bright future at the University of Kentucky.

E. J. Price
    This young man seemingly has put behind him whatever travails he has had in the past. He had the big shoes of Landon Young to fill and he delivered. Stoops had good things to say about both he and Naasir Watkins who held down the left tackle spot. Their play was spotty in much of the first half but they settled down as the game progressed.
    Comments 2 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Thanks, Lonny. Good stuff.
      Terry Blue -
      Remember Mayor, that Kash won Hornung awaRd also
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post