Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kahlil Whitney: Fun, explosive, passionate player

By LARRY VAUGHT

Rivals.com recruiting writer Krysten Peek remembers walking through a gym in Dallas this summer when Kahlil Whitney, a five-star small forward from Roselle, N.J., had a putback dunk that “shut the gym down” because it was so impressive.

“He is so explosive. His outside shot is so much better than what it used to be. He’s just a different player from a year ago,” said Peek. “He is a fun, explosive player in transition and he is very passionate on the court.”

She told me Tuesday she felt he was a “lock” for Kentucky and that once UK fans saw his highlights, they would “love” him immediately.

Well, she was right about him being a lock for UK as he announced in a Twitter video yesterday that he was joining Texas guard Tyrese Maxey and Pendleton County wing Dontaie Allen in UK’s 2019 recruiting class. I think she will also be right about UK fans loving the way he plays.

He chose Kentucky over offers from Oregon, Louisville, Illinois, Georgetown and St. John’s. He is the 19th rated player in the 2019 class by 247Sports and 14th by ESPN.

ESPN recruiting director Paul Biancardi says Whitney has “terrific measurable and skills.” He’s 6-7 with a 7-foot wingspan and 40-inch vertical jump.

“There’s major versatility to his game,” Biancardi said.

Whitney had called UK his “dream school” even before he had a scholarship offer and told ESPN how he grew up in Chicago watching John Wall, Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Tyler Ulis play for Kentucky.

Whitney told Biancardi that he knew Kentucky was the place for him when he left — Peek said Tuesday she was surprised he didn’t commit on the visit last weekend and would be stunned if he took a visit to another, which he didn’t. He got to watch UK practice on his visit before the Cats left for the Bahamas like Allen did when he visited earlier last week and committed immediately.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post