Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Rhyne Howard Leads Team USA to Gold, Named Tournament MVP

UK Media Release

Kentucky freshman scored a team-best 14 points in friendly scrimmage Monday

MEXICO CITY, Mexico – University of Kentucky freshman guard Rhyne Howard scored five points with four rebounds, four assists and two blocks to lead the USA U18 Team to the

2018 FIBA Americas U18 Championship gold medal with a 84-60 victory over Canada on Tuesday. Howard was named the Tournament’s Most Valuable Player at the end of the event.

Howard shined in every game of the tournament, starting with six points, two rebounds, one assist and a steal vs. Argentina before seven points with eight rebounds, three assists, two blocks and a steal vs. Chile. In the final game of pool play vs. Puerto Rico, Howard had 11 points with six rebounds, six steals and one assist. The guard continued to play well in the elimination rounds with eight points, six rebounds, four assists, two blocks and a steal in the quarterfinals vs. El Salvador before 14 points, including 4-of-7 from long range with five assists, two blocks and two steals against Colombia. She locked up the top honor after her performance vs. Canada.

“I was shocked, but I felt good at the same time, because it meant people thought I was playing well enough to earn the honor,” Howard said.

With the win, the USA, which has won nine-straight gold medals at the FIBA Americas U18 Championship, is now 59-2 all-time in FIBA Americas U18 Championship play.

• KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post