Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Cats Lair Vlll

By: LONNY DEMAREE

Everyone has concerns about how the UK season is going to unfold and what their end of the regular record will be.
    A nonsensical article recently published by CBS put Mark Stoops on the ‘Hot seat’? I guess they needed an attention grabbing article to be written.

Does a college football coach have fears? Yes coach’s in the business long-term has fears. Fear of faiIure and providing for his family. Pressure comes from within.

At the Atlanta Media Days Meetings huge thongs of media predicted UK to finish fifth in the SEC East ahead of only Vanderbilt and Tennessee? Taking something positive from that would mean being the Champion of the state of Tennessee for the second straight year. The other positive that comes from that prediction is the fact the media is 6 of the last 25 years of wrong prediction and two of the last four 2-4. That was easy because Alabama could be picked by a twelve year old.

Some rule that changes came out of the Media Day meetings were as follows: 1) Blocking below the waist is limited to five yard past the line of scrimmage; 2) Pads and pants must cover knees, and if any player is in violation, he must leave the field for one play; 3) however a coach can call time-out to keep him in the game if the player immediately fixes his uniform; and possessions will automatically start at the 25-yard line if a player executes a fair catch inside the twenty-five yard on the kickoff.

We have had a full double helping of pre-season football over the last two days – At the Louisville Downtown Marriott Hotel and today at the Kroger Field’s Woodford Reserve room here in Lexington.

In each event Mark Stoops and his two coordinators were available talk about the team and the coordinators to give their synopsis of their side of the football.

Stoops was remarkably upbeat about his team and their prospects. In the case of new head coaches coming into UK my antenna is up for smoke-blowing until I figure out who is shooting me straight. Even with my extensive familiarity with the roster I carry around in my small smoke-detector in my pocket (SMILES).

Stoops knows he has perhaps three proven play-making SEC wide receivers including the return of Dorian Baker but he said they finished out the spring with others making big strides toward that goal.

Stoops said the good thing about this team is he has talent, depth, and leadership. A lot more of the latter.

He expects Lynn Bowden to be a dynamic football player. In my mind’s eye the lack of what the fans have seen at UK. Stoops said competition is at an all-time high. Competition is what separates the player from the

On the basketball side E. J. Montgomery from Marietta, Georgia is a strong face-up post player.

Sources say UK is on tap to land Frankford Western Hills high school’s Wandale Robinson in the very near future who has offers from Alabama, Michigan, Purdue, and Nebraska.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post