Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky's Hopes Rides on the Backs of Experience

By: LONNY DEMAREE

The Cats brought three All-SEC candidates to the media day meetings. They were Benny Snell, C. J. Conrad, and Josh Allen all of which handled themselves extremely well. All of them them were nattily dressed but nothing flashy.

If you didn't see my last Thursday night Facebook Video Live, in a satirical message we had a lot of fun with point - counterpoint banter. One of the points was C. J. Conrad with All-SEC ability but given his four surgeries in three years the question was could he stay relatively healthy. Conrad plays with a level of tenacity and physicality playing through injury is a dire necessity. He has the ability to be the leading receiver of the Cats, as strange as it sounds. Eddie Gran's offense is Taylor-made for that distinct possibility. "I am healthier than any time since I've been here and I feel pretty good," Conrad enthusiastically stated.

Leadership
    Conrad said they had talent last season but now they got a lot of talented players but now they have a lot of leader on the team and that's what it takes to play through the hard times. There's always going to be times in a football game when adversity strikes and that's when the mentally tough get going. "Guy like Josh (Allen), Benny (Snell), Bunchy (Stalling), Asafo (George Asafo-Adjei),"Conrad said. "Those guys have play three or four years. They've seen what it takes and were are really excited."
    Benny Snell's Chip
    Benny Snell has always played with a chip on his shoulder on his shoulder because going back to high school to now he has felt disrespected and under rated. He is so intense that at times the coaches have had to put reins on him. But as Stoops has always said it is easier to say "whoa" than "giddiup." I had an epiphany this morning that when and if Snell breaks Sonny Collins' all-time UK rushing record, he ought to take a big wood ship, varnish it and attach his name symbolizing how he played.
    Defense Stepping Up
    Football fever is in the air and it's well documented that the Cats have to stop the run something the Cats used to do a few years back and is sorely needed now for this Wildcats to take the next step in the SEC. Disruption in the middle is where it begins and Quinton Bohanna as a true freshman last season, he has a bright future at nose-tackle. Defensive end Josh Paschal should anchor one end and Josh Allen should take care of the other side. This could set the stage for Kash Daniel to burst upon the scene as a middle linebacker. He has been chomping at the bit waiting his time. He is eager to put Eastern Kentucky back on the athletic map. Jordan Jones is a hellava football player that if maturity has caught up he could again lead the SEC in tackles.

Mark Stoops' Bailiwick
    Mark Stoops' reputation was built on the defensive side of the football but so far that hasn't translated well as Kentucky. With so much experience returning the time is now. Stoops, Steve Clinkscale, and Dean Hood combined have decades of experience to get the job done in the secondary. They now feel they have the Jimmies and Joe's Stoops feel they can make a big jump in that department. So let the hitting begin.[B][SIZE=3][/SIZE
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post