Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Young Cody Quinn Making a Splash

By: LONNY DEMAREE

True freshman Cody Quinn is beginning to be a big presense at the cornerback position in UK's secondary. He perhaps is to young to be shaving regular but he hopes to be regularly shaving yards of the opponent passing totals.

Due to injury to starting cornerback Cartier Rice, Cody Quinn got the start against Florida. Not only did he get the start but the first big play he made was on the first UK defensive series in which he made a third down pass-breakup. Joker Phillips said that Quinn is as good as any freshman cornerback he'd been around.

We ask Quinn what his experience was in the swamp in Florida? "It was a good experience going down in the swamp my first game," the bright eyed freshman said. "I think I held up quite well and getting some help from, Mikie (Benton), Ta (Martavious Neloms), and older db's that kind of guided me through it." He said having played in a big high school in Ohio was a small help but there's a lot of difference from high school to the SEC. He said he made some mental mistakes but he expects things to get better as he gets more comfortable.

Quinn was a late commitement to the 2012 recruiting class. He said a late addition to the coaching staff Mike Cassity who had recruited him when at Marshall University when he ultimately committed to Illinois University. "He came to Kentucky and this helped my interest in Kentucky," Quinn said. "Kentucky had offered me before and this help me to gain more interest with coach Joker and coach Minter so I decided to come here."

Cassity had said back on signing day that Quinn could someday be a star. Back in the summer this writer caught with grad-assistant Glenn Holt exiting a Krogers Grocery Store. We asked what freshmen jumped out at him and one of the first names that he uttered was Cody Quinn.

On other freshmen db's Quinn said they have great depth in that any one of the freshmen Fred Tiller, J. D. Harmon and himself can come in and play at any time. We asked Quinn what it meant to get that first start out the way? "It kind of relieved a lot stuff. Now I'm just ready to go and build my confidence up."
    Comments 3 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Very pleased to see him start with Cartier Rice's absence. Thought that was fortuitous. Who is the guy Lou Gehrig replaced?
      dan_bgblue -
      Thanks Lonny.

I wonder how he managed to learn more than 10% of the playbook in such a short period of time?
      dan_bgblue -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Very pleased to see him start with Cartier Rice's absence. Thought that was fortuitous. Who is the guy Lou Gehrig replaced?
      Wally Pipp Knew him well.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post