Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• The Cats Lair Vl

By: LONNY DEMAREE

We are at less than 70 days until kickoff against Central Michigan University. And the Wildcats need to get off to a great start. They need to start on a path of consistently recruiting with the powers in FBS football.

The University of Kentucky is not one of your typical powerhouses in college football and they still have to do things differently – Meaning high three stars are a premium for UK football – Meaning junior college transfers with years of eligibility are key – And isn’t it uncanny that they can go out and find quality players that fit that ilk.

Some that fit that model are recent commitment linebacker Marquez Bembry a former Tennessee Volunteer commit that went to Northwest Community College in Mississippi because of a high school injury and compounded by academic diffiency but now is an honor student – Cornerback Lonnie Johnson in his second year of his three years and who last season bumped Chris Westry for spell – Quarterback Terry Wilson – Defensive lineman Phil Hoskins when he reported last year with two injured shoulders that were surgically repaired; Defensive line coach Derrick LeBranc said Hoskins was a wrecking ball in Spring practice.

Transfers and Sleepers: Sleeper Defensive End 6-foot-6, 285-pounds, Abule Adabi-FitzGerald that the aforementioned coach is high on his potential…Florida offered – Sleeper defensive end Calvin Taylor 6-foot-8 has realize his OJT (on the job training) maturation period and will be heard from this season. – Offensive tackle Nick Lewis 6-foot-9, 350-pounds a de-commit from Washington State – Transfer offensive tackle E. J. Price from Southern Cal; It was that he wanted to be closer to home which is Lawrenceville, Georgia – and walk on wide receiver John Diado 6-foot-5, 213-pounds formerly an all-state Lacrosse player.

The Cats got a transfer wide receiver Ahmad Wagner 6-foot-7, 235-pounds from Iowa University. He played football his senior year at Huber Heights, Ohio High School but decide to play basketball in college. “If he would have gone straight from high school he’d been one of the top players in college football,” recruiting coordinator Vince Marrow stated. He reportedly is a high character guy and very comfortable going up and catching the football. Getting adjusted to the nuances of the college game he could be very a valuable addition to the Wildcat receiving corp.

If the Cats can put together a formidable receiving corps with the returning receivers and the return of Dorian Baker from the injured list, C. J. Conrad an outstanding tight end a speed guy at the a speed guy at quarterback might not be necessary. I could be a perfect fit for Gunnar Hoak. But all that will be determined in fall camp.

Since this time last week the recruiting has really pick up. They have five new guys committed. UK picked off a Louisville commit Demontae Crumes who also had offers from Michigan and Michigan State. He is said to be a speedster.

Who can the Cats defeat in the SEC east. SC, Tenn, Vandy, Missouri and SEC Analyst Cole Cubelic said he hopes to be in Ben-Hill Griffin Stadium for the Kentucky game because he thinks Kentucky can steal one at Florida. For the Cats to move up in the football world they have to 1) beat Florida and 2) be competitive in all their games meaning no blow outs.

For the offensive personnel Eddie Gran is perfect to formulate the offense. We don’t think quarterback is the biggest question mark because Gran understands his strengths and his weakness and very adequately takes what the defense gives you.
    Comments 6 Comments
      kingcat -
      Thanks Lonny!
      BigBluePappy -
      Thanks, Mr Demaree.
      Much appreciated.
      Terry Blue -
      Read going into this sEason Bembry is rated the top Juco athlete in the nation
      Getting Crumes out of Louisville is big and we're still in the running for at least 4 other in state products: Weaver, Robinson, Goff, Ballard linebacker
      catmanjack -
      Lonny enjoy these, thanks
      Terminus -
      Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
      Lonny enjoy these, thanks
      Ditto, appreciate these, Lonny.
      CGWildcat -
      Fun reads Lonny. Appreciate these very much and excited to see how this season turns out
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post