Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Jemarl Baker confident, ready to compete

# 13, Jemarl Baker, R-Fr., G

On getting strength back in his knee …
    “It was definitely tough to get it back. It was something that I haven’t ever been through before but I enjoyed the process. I just got to look at basketball in a different perspective, so now I’m ready to go and I’ll be better this year.”

On what was enjoyable about the process …
    “Just being able to watch practice, watch the games. Just being able to experience everything from I guess a front-row seat. It was just good and it prepared me.”

On when he realized the knee problem was going to keep him out for season …
    “I guess after surgery. My knee, or not even my knee, my whole leg was really little so I just knew it was going to be a whole big process for me to just get strength back in my leg. The first month or so it wasn’t getting too big so I just knew it was going to take a little bit.”

On his confidence level after the injury …
    “I feel great. I’ve been working out ever since I’ve been back. My shot feels good. My game feels good, so I am just ready to get out there and play.”

On if he’s excited or worried about competing for playing time with the amount of guards on this team…
    “I’m excited. You come to Kentucky you know you are going to have to compete. Guys coming in every year so it’s not a big deal to me. I love to compete and that’s why I’m here.”

On if he’s excited about Calipari saying he wants shooters everywhere on the court this season…
    “Yeah, for sure. That is why I came here last year. Just unfortunately I wasn’t able to do it. I’m just really excited for this year, excited to play and excited to help the team win.”
    Comments 8 Comments
      dan_bgblue -
      Loved his answers.
      KeithKSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      Loved his answers.
      I expect this kid to be better than advertised.
      DanISSELisdaman -
      I don't know how good his D will be, and IMO that's the key to whether he gets much playing time or not. I'm not worried about his shooting. From all I have seen he is lights out in that category!
      CitizenBBN -
      He. Can. Shoot.

I love him.
      catmanjack -
      If he can play D he could get quite a bit of time. Just worried his D and quickness will hold him back.
      kingcat -
      Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
      If he can play D he could get quite a bit of time. Just worried his D and quickness will hold him back.
      I dont think he is limited physically so much in those areas, but maybe mentally. If there were a knock on him from my perspective its that he takes a play off every now and then. And he tends to be a streak shooter who can make several in a row from anywhere, and maybe takes a very bad one here and there too.

He is not going to be the guy who takes the ball away and scores off his defense. But he didn't seem to get beaten in the half court playing team defense the games I watched.

Your questions are good ones Id say but unanswered at this point either way.
      Terminus -
      Good stuff, look forward to seeing him on the floor. Whether or not he can defend at a level to suit Cal coming off the injury I don’t know, but the young man can flat knock it down from range. There won’t be any sagging off to clog the lane with him on the floor offensively.
      catmanjack -
      King thanks I know you seem to like Baker, Like shooters and that's what UK has lacked recently so I hope Baker gets a real shot to show what he can do.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post