Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Transfer Watch could have huge impact for Kentucky's season

By: LARRY VAUGHT

ESPN college basketball analyst Jeff Goodman is not always a Kentucky fan favorite. However, he had two tweets Wednesday on the day UK fans were waiting for staying or going news from P.J. Washington, Jarred Vanderbilt and Wenyen Gabriel that should not be ignored.

Both were about Reid Travis, a 6-8 power forward at Stanford. He pulled his name out of the NBA Draft pool Wednesday but also announced he would transfer as a grad transfer — meaning he’s eligible to play next season.

His most likely landing spot seems to be Kentucky based on what numerous national analysts are reporting.

“If Reid Travis does go to Kentucky as a grad transfer, the Wildcats might become the favorite to win the national title . . . Reid Travis would be a game-changer for any program,” Goodman posted on Twitter.

Adding Travis along with the return of Washington would make Kentucky a much more physical team next year than it was this season. Travis is a two-time all-Pace 12 honoree and averaged 19.5 points and 8.7 rebounds per game last season.

“One player who went up against Reid Travis in an NBA workout recently: ‘He’s the strongest guy I’ve ever played against,’” Goodman tweeted.

So maybe the NBA draft watch is over for UK fans, but the transfer watch is own and could have a huge, huge impact on next season.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post