Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Gameday: Kentucky v Auburn SEC Tournament Baseball

I know it's early, but let's go ahead and get this started. First game of the day will have first pitch in about 20 minutes, and Kentucky and Auburn will compete after that game concludes. Expect it to be approximately 2 p.m. eastern time. Current radar is attached. The Hoover Met is just to the west of that blue dot. The weather is going mostly North, North NorthWest.

I expect to be at the Met at approximately 1 p.m. today. I have guaranteed that it will be a gray rainy day, as I misplaced my makeshift laptop hood from last year, and went to the store this morning to buy another one. That will guarantee I won't have to use it.
    Comments 123 Comments
      CatQuick -
      Go Cats! Is Lewis starting today?
      Darrell KSR -
      UK hasn't announced the starter yet.
      Darrell KSR -
      Attachment 7110

T2 | Texas A&M 0, Vanderbilt 0

Kentucky v Auburn likely to start after 2 pm ET now.
      Darrell KSR -
      Darrell KSR -
      Vanderbilt v Texas A&M set to resume in about 15 minutes.
      MickintheHam -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Vanderbilt v Texas A&M set to resume in about 15 minutes.
      I live less than a half mile as the crow flies from the ball yard and ther hasn’t been anything other than a light drizzle or fine mist. Ridiculous to have delayed play.
      Darrell KSR -
      According to folks there, it was "pouring rain, puddles developing." Go figure. Tim Corbin was having a fit and they delayed it.

Per radar, I don't see anything heavy at all.
      Darrell KSR -
      This is going to be a very interesting day, folks. There may be more weather coming. They better play through the light stuff, or else they'll be playing until first pitch tomorrow.

Attachment 7111
      Darrell KSR -
      Also, the forecast is for similar weather every day this week.

I think I would change the tournament to single elimination and be done with it.
      BigBluePappy -
      Quote Originally Posted by CatQuick View Post
      Go Cats! Is Lewis starting today?
      Daniel Harper.
      Read it on the "other" KSR.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
      Daniel Harper.
      Read it on the "other" KSR.
      And who I predicted. I'm 1-for-1. I'll screw that up soon.
      Darrell KSR -
      Kentucky is here.
      Darrell KSR -
      By the way, it doesn't even look like it rained here. No way it was heavy.
      MickintheHam -
      [QUOTE=Darrell KSR;503635]According to folks there, it was "pouring rain, puddles developing." Go figure. Tim Corbin was having a fit and they delayed it.

Per radar, I don't see anything heavy at all.[/QUOTEpuddles my derrière
      Darrell KSR -
      Starting lineup.
      Darrell KSR -
      Auburn will be throwing Jack Owen, a freshman southpaw. He has 6 starts and 32.0 innings, 6.19 ERA.

Allowed 41 hits in 32 innings, but struck out 34, walking 13.
      Darrell KSR -
      Vanderbilt down to their last strike, trailing 3-1. UK v Auburn will take place 30 minutes after the conclusion of this game, so we're getting close.

Leaping catch at the wall in right field, and a 345 foot shot (give or take) is out # 3.

3:10pm ET start time for UK v Auburn.
      Darrell KSR -
      I haven't been checking, but the talk was that Texas A&M was firmly on the bubble. My head tells me that the SEC deserves 11 bids this year, and # 11 should be Kentucky no matter what, but I am not confident with that. As such, an A&M win hurt UK a little.

I feel very comfortable that Kentucky wraps up a NCAA bid with a win today. I do not want to test my theory with a 4th consecutive SEC loss. The optics would be very bad.
      Darrell KSR -
      Kentucky will be the visiting team and will occupy the 3rd base dugout.
      Darrell KSR -
      My other brother Darrell (Arnold) will be the home plate umpire for the game. I have no idea what that means, as I couldn't tell you one single college baseball umpire. Strike that--I know one personally, but he doesn't do SEC games.

In case any bad calls are made and you want to know who made them -- Ryan Morehead is the 1st base umpire, Damien Beal 2nd base, at 3rd is Scott Cline, and on Instant Replay is Ed Newsom. Please don't contact any of them if a Rooferee call is made.