Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Gameday: Kentucky v Auburn SEC Tournament Baseball

I know it's early, but let's go ahead and get this started. First game of the day will have first pitch in about 20 minutes, and Kentucky and Auburn will compete after that game concludes. Expect it to be approximately 2 p.m. eastern time. Current radar is attached. The Hoover Met is just to the west of that blue dot. The weather is going mostly North, North NorthWest.

I expect to be at the Met at approximately 1 p.m. today. I have guaranteed that it will be a gray rainy day, as I misplaced my makeshift laptop hood from last year, and went to the store this morning to buy another one. That will guarantee I won't have to use it.
    Comments 123 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Nick Mingione and Butch Thompson share a warm embrace and hug at the umpire's meeting at home plate. I wonder if they have some connection. I see Butch Thompson was a Birmingham-Southern 1992 graduate, but that's all I know. I probably should know this. Maybe it's just from knowing each other in the SEC.
      Darrell KSR -
      Auburn pitcher working very quickly, 4 seconds between pitches. Need to step out and disrupt his rhthym.

Pompey has a bead on him and hits a sharp grounder but nice short-hop pickup by the 3rd baseman and gets him easily.

HOME RUN Kole Cottam!! # 19.
      UKFlounder -
      Weren’t they assistants at MSU at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Nick Mingione and Butch Thompson share a warm embrace and hug at the umpire's meeting at home plate. I wonder if they have some connection. I see Butch Thompson was a Birmingham-Southern 1992 graduate, but that's all I know. I probably should know this. Maybe it's just from knowing each other in the SEC.
      Darrell KSR -
      Becker got anxious, swung at the first pitch, slow grounder up the middle and just got him at 1st. This pitcher throws strikes, but Cats can hit him.

Skies are getting more and more gray....

Heyer goes the opposite way and drives a base hit between 1st and 2nd. He's leaning, and caught off 1st, a 1-3-6 caught stealing.

B1 | UK 1, Auburn 0
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
      Weren’t they assistants at MSU at the same time?
      They may have been. I should know that, but I just don't. Thanks for letting me know.
      Darrell KSR -
      If the scoreboard radar is accurate, Harper is juiced, clocked at 101 mph during warm-ups. I don't trust it, though.
      Darrell KSR -
      LOL--first fastball was 107 mph.

Uh, I don't think so. Wish I had a picture of it.

Now a 186 mph change. I am doubting the accuracy.
      Darrell KSR -
      Tie ballgame. Leadoff hitter goes yard for Auburn, and it's 1-1.
      badrose -
      Announcers saying it's a must win. (in their opinion)
      Darrell KSR -
      Bullet to Becker on one hop, but fields cleanly and tosses to Cottam at 1st. Out # 1, but Harper hasn't fooled either batter yet, just the radar gun operator.

Major league pop-up to Cottam, who handles it fine. No sun issues right now made that easy against the grey sky.

Line foul down the LF line, and I don't think I'd throw a high 80's fastball to this guy again. Venter has 12 home runs, and could be # 13 if he does that again.

0-2 pitch and he threw two balls over the middle of the plate. The 2nd one is flied to Aklinski in CF for out # 3.

T2 | UK 1, Auburn 1
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
      Announcers saying it's a must win. (in their opinion)
      Legitimate position.
      Darrell KSR -
      Squires HBP.

Aklinski with an over anxious swing and pops up. JMO, but I don't think the Auburn pitcher is going to last.

Zeke Lewis batting 174. Could be an SEC leading home run hitting TJ Collett (was leading the team when he was injured IIRC). Grounds out to SS, Squires moves to 2nd.

Shinn batting 244 up with runner in scoring position, two outs.

Would love to see Dawson bat. I like him a lot at the 9 slot.

Next inning.

B2 | UK 1, Auburn 1
      badrose -
      That looked low and away to me. Not even close.
      Darrell KSR -
      Same. UK dugout didn't like it one bit.
      Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
      That looked low and away to me. Not even close.
      Darrell KSR -
      Auburn batter with his back foot outside the batter's box, but he fans anyway.

Soft fly to CF for out #2. Harper mixing pitches well. He doesn't throw particularly hard, but changing speed and good location keeping Auburn off balance.

Grounder to Dawson ends it.

T3 | UK 1, Auburn 1
      MickintheHam -
      Nice bench back seats here at the Hoover Met. Curved back supports the spine properly. Plenty leg room. If MB would show his butt here next to me I’ll show him what he should have gotten for his money at CWS
      Darrell KSR -
      Dawson with an excellent eye, walks. Love him as a #9 hitter, does everything right.

Five straight low pitches and Pompey is ahead 1-0. Auburn with a visit to the mound.

Walks Pompey. Auburn bullpen is up, a RHP warming.

Cottam with a grounder up the middle, great play by the SS diving, flips to 2nd and turns the double play. Amazing. One more inch and it's 2-0 with two on and no outs.
      Darrell KSR -
      3-0 to Becker, Dawson at 3rd. Pitch high called a strike, then a swing at ball 4 low and instead count is full. Walked him.

Runners on corners for Heyer and new pitcher for Auburn.
      Darrell KSR -
      Davis Daniel is the new pitcher for Auburn. 51.2 innings, has struck out 52, walked 26. 5.40 ERA.
      Darrell KSR -
      Becker with a gutsy and heads-up steal of 2nd with the ball still in he pitcher's hand, but Heyer fans on a foul tip.

B3 | UK 1, Auburn 1

Hope that doesn't come back to haunt us. Golden opportunity lost.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post