Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Gameday: Kentucky v Auburn SEC Tournament Baseball

I know it's early, but let's go ahead and get this started. First game of the day will have first pitch in about 20 minutes, and Kentucky and Auburn will compete after that game concludes. Expect it to be approximately 2 p.m. eastern time. Current radar is attached. The Hoover Met is just to the west of that blue dot. The weather is going mostly North, North NorthWest.

I expect to be at the Met at approximately 1 p.m. today. I have guaranteed that it will be a gray rainy day, as I misplaced my makeshift laptop hood from last year, and went to the store this morning to buy another one. That will guarantee I won't have to use it.
    Comments 123 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Becker bounces to 1st, and I thought it was foul, but I have a terrible angle. Still looked like the glove was on my side of the foul line).

B9 | Kentucky 3, Auburn 3
      Darrell KSR -
      Ryan Johnson playing RF for Kentucky.

Sean Hjelle back on the mound.
      badrose -
      I thought it was foul too, D. They didn't show a replay.
      Darrell KSR -
      Thanks. You had a better angle than me, but that's what I thought.
      Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
      I thought it was foul too, D. They didn't show a replay.
      Darrell KSR -
      Mingione went out to argue the call, but I don't think he wanted to let Auburn get any mojo from a heated extended discussion, so he left it. Not that it would do any good anyway.
      Darrell KSR -
      It takes a lot to impress me, but Trey Dawson just barehanded a grounder and threw to first to get a runner and made it look normal. Wow.
      Darrell KSR -
      Hjelle has thrown 90 pitches today.
      Darrell KSR -
      3 up, 3 down for Auburn.

T10 | Kentucky 3, Auburn 3
      Darrell KSR -
      Luke Heyer to lead off. Spanks a base hit.

Squires up. Bunts, catcher throws it in the dirt but 2nd baseman covering does a nice job of corralling the bounce. Go-ahead run on 2nd for Aklinski.
      Darrell KSR -
      Mile high fly to LF can't advance the runner and will be up to DH Zeke Lewis. Outfield way in and a hit could be a play at the plate.
      Darrell KSR -
      Strikes out. We'll go to the bottom of the 10th still tied.
      Darrell KSR -
      Hjelle out for what will be his last inning, regardless. I think.

3-1 grounder for first out. I think that's 18 of the last 19 batters he has retired.
      Darrell KSR -
      Hjelle at 102 pitches as he strikes out the 2nd batter.
      Doc -
      heck of a game....Hjellie got it going
      Darrell KSR -
      3-0 on the batter as the home plate ump squeezes the plate. 3-1, now 3-2, and there's a base hit swinging late. Brings up the dangerous leadoff hitter Holland, who had the leadoff home run for Auburn.
      Darrell KSR -
      Great change of speed on 0-1 and slow swing fouls it. Pitch hits catchers mitt, doesn't move, called ball. May have been high, but it hit the exact spot.

1-2, foul, and he's battling. Another foul, staying alive. Squires goes out to talk to him. Hmm. Long fly ball to LF, but Pompey has it. Whew.

What a game.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      heck of a game....Hjellie got it going
      You are right, great game.
      Doc -
      so, do you keep riding your horse?
      badrose -
      Whew!
      Darrell KSR -
      Hjelle, 7.1 innings of relief, 0 runs, 4 hits, 0 walks, 9 strikeouts. What. A. Job.
  • KSR Twitter Feed