Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Gameday: Kentucky v Auburn SEC Tournament Baseball

I know it's early, but let's go ahead and get this started. First game of the day will have first pitch in about 20 minutes, and Kentucky and Auburn will compete after that game concludes. Expect it to be approximately 2 p.m. eastern time. Current radar is attached. The Hoover Met is just to the west of that blue dot. The weather is going mostly North, North NorthWest.

I expect to be at the Met at approximately 1 p.m. today. I have guaranteed that it will be a gray rainy day, as I misplaced my makeshift laptop hood from last year, and went to the store this morning to buy another one. That will guarantee I won't have to use it.
    Comments 123 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      No, he has to be done. 118 pitches today after 123 Thursday.

We need runs!
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      so, do you keep riding your horse?
      Darrell KSR -
      I love Trey Dawson. What a player.

One out single brings up Tristan Pompey.
      Darrell KSR -
      Pompey now 0-4 with a 4-6-3 double play to end the inning.

Man, he's had the most disappointing 340 batting season I've ever seen.
      Darrell KSR -
      Zach Thompson will be the new pitcher.
      Darrell KSR -
      Zack threw six innings Saturday. How effective will he be on two days rest?
      Darrell KSR -
      Strikeout for out #1.
      Darrell KSR -
      Full count base hit to CF.
      Darrell KSR -
      Cleanup hitter at the plate for Auburn.

Weather has been great all game, by the way. Good thing for SEC with this game going extra innings.

2-1. Ball high and its 3-1. He's not sharp.

Foul, full count. Walked him.

Anybody listening to UK announcers, and have they mentioned Machamer at all?
      Darrell KSR -
      Pinch runner on 2nd. Running for their catcher.

Infield playing double play depth. Outfield medium. Thought they may be in closer but they respect the power of the batter.

2-0, now 2-1. 3-1. 3-2 taking all the way.

Foul.

Base hit. Ballgame.
      Darrell KSR -
      FINAL: Auburn 4, Kentucky 3, 11 innings.

I do think Kentucky will get a NCAA Tournament bid, but it's going to be a very nervous Monday for the Cats. And every day until then.
      Darrell KSR -
      The good:

Sean Hjelle returned to form. He was amazing today.

Kole Cottam is as advertised.

Trey Dawson is an unsung hero.

Kentucky only threw three pitchers today and will have 1˝ weeks to rest tired arms and heal injuries.

The bad: A lot. Cats were poor with runners on base, could not get clutch hits.

Also, they may have a lot more time to heal up than 1˝ weeks. Their bid is very much in doubt.

Good RPI, three series wins against Top 10 teams only goes so far. Sputtered and tanked at the end of the season.
      badrose -
      Kentucky left 11 men on base.
      Darrell KSR -
      Also bad: I get to see Kentucky play one time this week. And maybe all season. Sigh.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Pinch runner on 2nd. Running for their catcher.

Infield playing double play depth. Outfield medium. Thought they may be in closer but they respect the power of the batter.

2-0, now 2-1. 3-1. 3-2 taking all the way.

Foul.

Base hit. Ballgame.
      Just a slight quibble. The outfield was playing too deep for my likes. Bounced twice by the time it got there and had no chance and literally no play.
      MickintheHam -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Just a slight quibble. The outfield was playing too deep for my likes. Bounced twice by the time it got there and had no chance and literally no play.
      Darrell, I sat with two Colorado Rockies’ scouts at the game today. Back in the 9th inning the one scout turned to me and said Aklinski was way too deep. BTW they were there to validate the info they had already collected. The onlytwo players I saw them make notes on were Heyer and Hjelle. They made a ton of observations. They made no observations on Aubie.
      dan_bgblue -
      Not exactly a surprising outcome, but I had hoped for a better result today.

Thanks for the running game notes Darrell!!
      Darrell KSR -
      I wasn't going to harp on it, but 405 is awfully deep in CF and not that much reason to play that deep.

That's very interesting, Mick, about the players and scouts. You certainly run into some neat characters at these events. You have a knack for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
      Darrell, I sat with two Colorado Rockies’ scouts at the game today. Back in the 9th inning the one scout turned to me and said Aklinski was way too deep. BTW they were there to validate the info they had already collected. The onlytwo players I saw them make notes on were Heyer and Hjelle. They made a ton of observations. They made no observations on Aubie.
      Darrell KSR -
      Sorry for the outcome, Dan. And wish I could do it tomorrow.
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      Not exactly a surprising outcome, but I had hoped for a better result today.

Thanks for the running game notes Darrell!!
      kingcat -
      Thanks for the call. Sorry for the result.
      catmanjack -
      Very disappointing end to the season, after the Texas tech series win the team just seemed to be there nothing special or exciting.
      Will be good discussion once the season is over as I sure hope they make the tournament.
  • KSR Twitter Feed