Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Gameday: Kentucky v Auburn SEC Tournament Baseball

I know it's early, but let's go ahead and get this started. First game of the day will have first pitch in about 20 minutes, and Kentucky and Auburn will compete after that game concludes. Expect it to be approximately 2 p.m. eastern time. Current radar is attached. The Hoover Met is just to the west of that blue dot. The weather is going mostly North, North NorthWest.

I expect to be at the Met at approximately 1 p.m. today. I have guaranteed that it will be a gray rainy day, as I misplaced my makeshift laptop hood from last year, and went to the store this morning to buy another one. That will guarantee I won't have to use it.
    Comments 123 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Auburn with a long fly ball to the warning track in left field, then a base hit and a walk and they're threatening.
      Darrell KSR -
      Kentucky has someone throwing in the bullpen, but it's too far for me to see a number and I don't have any binoculars.

2-0 and Harper really struggling in the 3rd.

Now a meeting from the dugout to the mound and everyone in the infield to buy some time. There's one pitch. Two. Three and the meeting is broken up, so it bought 3 extra warm-up pitches. Maybe 5 by the time you count the walk there and walk back.

Now 3-0. Last two pitches have been close, but he's not getting the benefit of the doubt at this point. Now 3-1. Sitting next to a gloomy Auburn media guy, who keeps predicting bad things, "here comes a double play."

Darn it, he was pretty close. They send the runners, strike 2, and Squires tosses the runner out at 3rd for out # 2. Full count, and there's a base hit to right field to score a run. ONE run, not two. Auburn coach cost them a run.

2-1 Auburn.

Kentucky has been so close--should've had some runs last inning; this inning almost out without any damage. We are really in a bad slump kinda thing.
      Darrell KSR -
      Ball hit to deep center field, and Aklinski with a poor jump, and played it poorly--and that's surprising, as he's an excellent defensive player. Double scores a run easily, and it's 3-1.

That's what happens when you get behind. Auburn media shocked that the UK pitcher is still in. We aren't shocked, but they are.

Harper fakes two throws to 2nd, and it's a cry for help. Mingione hears him, and will take him out.

Sean Hjelle will come in.l
      Darrell KSR -
      Reminder--Hjelle threw 123 pitches on Thursday.
      Darrell KSR -
      Hjelle fans the batter to snuff out the threat. See if that gives Kentucky any momentum.

T4 | Auburn 3, UK 1
      Darrell KSR -
      This umpire has been consistently inconsistent. Calls a ball down the middle, then the next pitch is worse and it's a strike. Strike zone moving all over the place.
      Darrell KSR -
      Cats strand two more in the 4th.

B4 | Auburn 3, Kentucky 1
      Darrell KSR -
      Hjelle will pitch the 4th inning as well.

This would be a normal throwing day for him (I think), but there's a difference between throwing on the sidelines and throwing on the mound. So I hope we don't go long with him.
      Darrell KSR -
      Down to 15% on my Surface Pro, so will be switching to phone-only soon. Yes, I misplaced my cord (it normally stays in a docking station).
      Darrell KSR -
      Sheesh. Ground ball in the hole, Becker with a clean grab, and throws wildly outside the reach of Sean Hjelle covering at 1st. You really have to throw wild to miss a 6'11 guy lol.
      Darrell KSR -
      E4 followed by a soft single with eyes to RF and two on, no outs.
      Darrell KSR -
      4-6-3 double play turned expertly, as runner trots to 3rd with two outs. # 8 hitter at the plate. Anything can happen, but Auburn hasn't looked like they have figured out Hjelle. I don't think he's super sharp, but his "good enough" is better than most.

0-2, 1-2 waste, and pitifully slow swing on change for a strikeout.

T5 | Auburn 3, Kentucky 1
      badrose -
      Kentucky gets a run, 1 batter down, runners at 1st & 2nd.

Top of the 5th still.
      badrose -
      Strike 3 looking. 2 down
      Darrell KSR -
      Pompey walks on a 3-2 pitch, good at-bat.

Cottam in the hole, and nice job of spanking a shot down the RF line. He can only get one base, but Pompey easily into 3rd and runners on the corners, and nobody out.

Clueless Cousin behind the plate calls strike 1 on a low pitch to Becker. Man, he's that way for both teams.

Becker with a shot off 1st baseman's face, pitcher fields, back to 1st and gets him, but an RBI and it's 3-2. Cottam moved to 2nd. Auburn 3, Kentucky 2.

Ball in the hole by Heyer, tough play, bungled by the SS, and no play at 1st. They call it a hit. Play was in front of Cottam and he could not move to 3rd.

Two on, one out for Squires. Squires takes a called strike 3 down the middle. Two outs. Ben Aklinski up.

Spanks it to CF, but easy grab by CF, and UK strands two more (recurring theme).

B5 | Auburn 3, Kentucky 2
      badrose -
      Fly ball to center caught. Missed opportunities.

3-2 Auburn
      Darrell KSR -
      Kentucky has stranded 7 runners, and is batting 1-8, 125, with runners in scoring position.
      Darrell KSR -
      Hjelle back on the mound against the 9-1-2 batters for Auburn. Fly to Aklinski in CF, out # 1. Holland (who had Auburn's leadoff home run) strikes out on a bad pitch (good pitchers make you do that) for out # 2.
      Darrell KSR -
      Hjelle struck that batter out on 3 pitches, but umpire forgot to call the 3rd pitch a strike. Squires mitt never moved. Hit the outside black perfectly.

Now 3-2.

Struck him out looking. Should've been before then.

T6 | Auburn 3, Kentucky 2
      Darrell KSR -
      Sean Hjelle has had Auburn's number, but is it too late? And how much more will he pitch?

Cats batting woeful 100 (1-10) with runners in scoring position today.

• KSR Twitter Feed