Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Luke Heyer named one of 25 semifinalists for Golden Spikes Award

https://www.usabaseball.com/news/usa...?tid=216631556
    Comments 6 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      FWIW, you can cast a vote for Luke Heyer if you wish. here's the link:

(Maximum 25 votes per day, so if you want, you can click the link, scroll to Luke Heyer, then click the "vote" and "vote again" 25 times. Takes just a couple of seconds (yes, for the good of investigative journalism, I cast 25 votes for Luke Heyer just to see how it worked.)

https://www.usabaseball.com/golden-s.../nominees/2018
      dan_bgblue -
      I thought that during Thursday's game the announcer said that Heyer AND Cottam were BOTH semifinalists. Guess he was mistaken on Cottam.
      UKFlounder -
      All of whom will be top 10, perhaps top 5, picks in the baseball draft. Mike almost certainly goes first, Singer has been highly regarded and India seems to be climbing the draft boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Other SEC players:

Jonathan India, Florida
      Casey Mize, Auburn
      Brady Singer, Florida
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      I thought that during Thursday's game the announcer said that Heyer AND Cottam were BOTH semifinalists. Guess he was mistaken on Cottam.
      " On May 21, the Advisory Board will trim the number of players down and USA Baseball will announce the 25 semifinalists."

Interestingly, Cottam wasn't on the 40-person midseason list they released either. Tristan Pompey was on it with Heyer, though.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
      All of whom will be top 10, perhaps top 5, picks in the baseball draft. Mike almost certainly goes first, Singer has been highly regarded and India seems to be climbing the draft boards.
      I've seen all of them play before, but I'd love to see them play this week. Except Mize. If I see him, it would be Friday, which would mean that Kentucky was knocked out Tuesday.
      Darrell KSR -
      UK Media Relations

LEXINGTON, Ky. – Kentucky senior infielder/outfielder Luke Heyer has been named a Golden Spikes Award semifinalist, it was announced Monday by the USA Baseball.

The award honors the top collegiate baseball player in the nation for their performance on the field and is presented in partnership with the Rod Dedeaux Foundation. The 41st Golden Spikes Award will be presented on June 28 in Los Angeles.

Heyer, from Lithia, Fla., has burst onto the scene this season with his prodigious power at the plate. He has twice been named SEC Player of the Week and also earned National Player of the Week honors earlier this season. Playing three positions defensively has not hindered his bat, as he finished the regular season batting .343 with an OPS of 1.123. He led the Southeastern Conference in home runs (18), RBI (57) and total bases (140), while ranking in the top five in doubles, runs scored and slugging percentage. He had 21 multi-hit games and 15 multi-RBI games.

Nationally, he ranks eighth in home runs, 14th in slugging percentage, 17th in total bases and 38th in RBI and has appeared amongst the leaders in those categories all season. He also has had clutch hits throughout the season, including a two-strike, two-run, game-tying homer in the ninth inning of a win over Auburn that helped the Cats defeat Tigers’ ace Casey Mize while taking the weekend series.

A ballot will be sent to the Golden Spikes Award voting body consisting of national baseball media, select professional baseball personnel, previous Golden Spikes Award winners and select USA Baseball staff, totaling a group of over 200 voters. From Monday, May 21 through Sunday, June 3, the voting body will select three semifinalists from the ballot to be named as Golden Spikes Award finalists and fan voting will simultaneously be open on GoldenSpikesAward.com. Selections made by the voting body will carry a 95% weight of each athlete's total, while fan votes will account for the remaining 5%.

The finalists will then be announced on Wednesday, June 6. Beginning that same day through Friday, June 22, the voting body and fans will be able to cast their final vote for the Golden Spikes Award winner.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post