Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• The Cats Lair ll

By: LONNY DEMAREE

• This afternoon we will start out with the national athlete of the week track star UK’s very own Sydney McLaughlin. She achieved that honor coming from the U. S. Track and Field and Cross Country association. She shattered the 400M hurdles in a 52.75 second time. The young freshman is steadily compiling records on the collegiate and national level.

• What most observers don’t realize when you watch her run is how deceptively fast she is running because she discovering a lot of ground with her long strides given 5-foot-9 inch body? The aforementioned along with the lack local television coverage leaves me with a lack of understanding why the lack thereof. In journalism there is such a thing as a “stringer” that can deliver the news from anywhere in the country if arranged. At the present McLaughlin is the most notable athlete of the year in this calendar year of 2018. Another thing most track observers don’t realize is the physical strength it takes to be a 400m hurdles champion. This is a grueling race. She could possibly go on to be the female version Edwin Moses one of the most famous Olympic hurdler.

• Why doesn’t Tristan Pompey on the UK baseball team get more recognition? The temperature rises every time he comes to the plate in anticipation of something good happening.

• Everything is not always what it seems in the case of Denzil Ware. It’s implicit of why he left for Jacksonville State University.

• It would behoove the fans to not focus on those going rather than those coming. Since four new football athletes have committed to Kentucky since Ware left. Those being quarterback Nik Scalzo, offensive lineman Jake Pope both Floridians, defensive back Jalen Geiger from South Carolina, defensive end Shawnkel Knight-Goff.

• My advice to the BBN is not to read and exercise yourself over the negative things as it is related to the fortunes of 2018 season. That’s not going to change until the Cats break that dubious string against the Florida Gators.

• New outside linebackers Coach Brad White coming to the Cats from the Indianapolis Colts said the biggest adjustment coming to college football is the speed of the game. Huh? What he is alluding to is how quickly between the snaps plays are executed?

• Defensive lineman Phil Hoskins said he likes working out with defensive lineman Josh Paschal. “He rubs off on me because of his work ethic.” So keep an eye on # 4 and #92 and expect some things. Defensive line coach Derrick Leblanc said Hoskins was wreaking havoc in the line in scrimmages. Three year junior college transfer reported last season with some serious rehab in front of him on both shoulders.

• SEC Media Days in Hoover Alabama could be very interesting in July. Question for why Damien Harris returned for his senior season….Question of quarterback Jalen Hurts status as the starting quarterback. Given the championship game and spring game developments.

• PJ Washington is trying to make a strong case for the next level at the NBA combine

• A throwback to 2002. The UK defensive line performance in Papa John Stadium. Jeremy Caudill and DeWayne Robertson on Dave Ragone. UK upset a heavily favored U of L football team and won 22-17. Ragone said he had never been physically beaten like that in his football career. At halftime he was seen on one knee with a bowed head seemingly unable to rise and go to the locker room with his team.
    Comments 3 Comments
      kingcat -
      Good stuff!
      CatQuick -
      I remember that game with Ragone. It was painful to watch him getting hit so hard and often - and one of the times I can actually remember an unstoppable KY defensive line.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by CatQuick View Post
      I remember that game with Ragone. It was painful to watch him getting hit so hard and often - and one of the times I can actually remember an unstoppable KY defensive line.
      I do, too. I almost felt sorry for him. Really. One of the most enjoyable games as a Wildcat fan I've seen.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post