Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Calipari, Kentucky provide two games in Las Vegas in four days in 2019

UK MEDIA RELATIONS

LEXINGTON, Ky. – John Calipari hinted two weeks ago that he and his staff had a destination spot for the Kentucky fan base in the works in the upcoming years. On Thursday it was revealed that the location is Las Vegas and the opponents are Utah and Ohio State.

UK has added Utah to its schedule for the next two seasons. The Wildcats will host Utah on Dec. 15 in Rupp Arena this upcoming year and then play Utah again the following season, on Dec. 18, 2019, at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

The game in Las Vegas will make for an extended trip out west. UK was already slated to play Ohio State in the CBS Sports Classic. That game is now set on Saturday after Wednesday’s Utah game, on Dec. 21, 2019, at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

“We are always trying to put together a schedule that our fans will enjoy while preparing us to be at our best at the end of the season,” UK head coach John Calipari said. “One of the things I hear most about from our fans is they enjoy traveling with us and staying at a destination location for multiple games. That was our goal in scheduling this game with Utah. It gives us a great opponent for our fans at home next season, and then in 2019, our fans can spend a week with us at one of our favorite stops over the last few years. I still get people who come up to me and tell me about how much fun they had in 2016 when we played North Carolina.”

The 2018-19 matchup with Utah in Rupp Arena will take place just over 20 years since Kentucky’s 1998 national championship win over Utah. UK is 9-2 all-time vs. Utah, including six straight wins. The two teams last met in the 2005 NCAA Tournament, a 62-52 win by the Wildcats. As a matter of fact, five of the last six meetings between the two schools have occurred in the NCAA Tournament, including three straight from 1996-98 that culminated in the 1998 title in San Antonio.

Utah was 23-12 last season and made it to the NIT title game. The meeting in December will mark the first regular-season matchup between the two schools since UK defeated Utah on Nov. 19, 1999, in the Preseason NIT.

Kentucky leads the all-time series with Ohio State 11-9 and has a 2-2 record in the CBS Sports Classic. The Buckeyes got the better of the Wildcats in the lone CBS Sports Classic matchup in 2015.

Kentucky’s 2018-19 nonconference schedule continues to take shape with the addition of Utah to next season’s slate. The Wildcats now have six regular-season games on the books, plus the annual rivalry game vs. Louisville (date to be determined), the SEC/Big 12 Challenge (opponent and date to be determined) and the preseason foreign exhibition tour in the Bahamas.

· Aug. 8-12 – Big Blue Bahamas Tour | Atlantis Imperial Arena | Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
    · Nov. 16 – vs. Duke | Bankers Life Fieldhouse | Indianapolis | State Farm Champions Classic
    · Nov. 28 – Monmouth | Rupp Arena | Lexington
    · Dec. 1 – UNCG | Rupp Arena | Lexington
    · Dec. 8 – vs. Seton Hall | Madison Square Garden | New York | Citi Hoops Classic
    · Dec. 15 – Utah | Rupp Arena | Lexington
    · Dec. 22 – vs. North Carolina | United Center | Chicago | CBS Sports Classic

Comments 17 Comments
      jgraul -
      Hmmm. Wonder how much the tickets will be. I could use my timeshare for this!
      Darrell KSR -
      You can view the page at http://www.kysportsreport.com/forums...r-days-in-2019

Sorry, don't know why the thread has been all funky. I'm merging the threads; not sure why two separate ones were created, and why the "Article" thing shows up, and why, well, I'm just confused.
      ukpumacat -
      I can’t possibly tell you how excited I am for this. And for multiple reasons.
      - My boys and I will 100% be able to go (excluding emergency) as the dates work out perfectly.
      - That is a VERY cheap week in Vegas. One of the cheapest of the year. Vegas is the opposite everywhere else. Super cheap for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
      - I feel like we will be stacked in 2019.

I cannot wait. Some of you guys better get out here.
      ukpumacat -
      We need to have a KSR (the real one) get together out there.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
      - That is a VERY cheap week in Vegas. One of the cheapest of the year. Vegas is the opposite everywhere else. Super cheap for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
      - I feel like we will be stacked in 2019.

I cannot wait. Some of you guys better get out here.
      You're talking my language here. Especially the cheap week .
      ukpumacat -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      You're talking my language here. Especially the cheap week .
      I’ve gone at least 4 times that same week. I’ve never paid more than $129 a night. And I’ve stayed at the Wynn, Bellagio and had a suite at the Cosmo.
      They send out tons of specials that week. Maybe it’s more with that tourney in town. But it won’t be crazy.
      And if you want to save a buck there will be plenty for under $100 a night.
      Again, maybe the tourney changes that for the weekend. But I doubt it.
      For reference, I just put in Dec 2018 at Mandalay Bay (one of my favorites).
      It was $49 a night during the week and $79 on Sat night. And that’s without AAA etc.
      Darrell KSR -
      I’ve gone at least 4 times that same week. I’ve never paid more than $129 a night. And I’ve stayed at the Wynn, Bellagio and had a suite at the Cosmo.
      They send out tons of specials that week. Maybe it’s more with that tourney in town. But it won’t be crazy.
      It was $49 a night during the week and $79 on Sat night. And that’s without AAA etc.
      That sounds terrific.
      snoopcat -
      I am going to try to go as well. Excited!
      Darrell KSR -
      It looks like a good time for me to go, too, but that's a year away, so all things subject to change....
      Doc -
      I'm leaning to going. My son wants to go to Vegas for his 21st which is next April. Maybe we can delay it 8 months
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      I'm leaning to going. My son wants to go to Vegas for his 21st which is next April. Maybe we can delay it 8 months
      Lol. Good luck with that. Looks like it will be two trips for the young man's birthday to me!
      Doc -
      I'm wondering if I should book a room now. Might not be like Nashville where you can't find a room if you dont book a year ahead (LOL)
      ukpumacat -
      Ha. You will be just fine Doc. Vegas won’t even let you book more than a year ahead.
      Doc -
      I was kidding...Vegas probably has more rooms than any city in the nation. Fight $700 for 2 for flight and hotel (4 nights)
      TRUCKERCATFAN -
      Too bad for me it’s next year. Going to Vegas in December this year to see George Strait in the 7th. Would gladly stay a few extra days if Cats were playing.
      MickintheHam -
      Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post
      Too bad for me it’s next year. Going to Vegas in December this year to see George Strait in the 7th. Would gladly stay a few extra days if Cats were playing.
      Ask George if he will be there December 2019. That would be a trifecta beyond any I ever bet at the track.
      bigsky -
      My boys and I will go. If I’m alive in 18 months. If not they better damn well go.