Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky lands 3-star QB Nik Scalzo from Florida

# 18 dual-threat QB in class of 2019, per 247Sports.

Illinois, Florida Atlantic, UNLV and Buffalo among his other biggest offers, per Ben Roberts.
    Comments 33 Comments
      snoopcat -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

Yea 100% until you get a better offer...
      HerbTarlek -

Judging by the picture, his throwing motion is grossly flawed. He drops the ball and winds up ala Tebow. Slow and cumbersome. Also, really easy to strip from behind. He better fix that, otherwise he's going to fumble a ton and throw a lot of interceptions. Honestly, I question his coaching to this point. That's terrible. It should have been fixed long ago.

Hopefully that's not typical and the picture was taken out of context, like he was scrambling or something. Still though, very much not good.
      dan_bgblue -
      Game film clips
      Terry Blue -
      Steve Wiltfong of 247 sports really likes him. Said we're all in on Connor Bazelak too and plan is to take 2 qbs
      Terry Blue -
      Josh Edwards thinks we want Connor Bazelak. Wiltfong says Nik doesn't get rattled on the big stage. Good decision maker. Staff calls him a Baker Mayfield twin
      kingcat -
      Quote Originally Posted by HerbTarlek View Post
      Judging by the picture, his throwing motion is grossly flawed. He drops the ball and winds up ala Tebow. .
      I think thats his end zone dance. (jk)

If that is the actual size of his hands the kid has some huge Pinchers there.
      MickintheHam -
      Quote Originally Posted by ETWNAPPEL View Post
      Is that good?
      If Lane Kiffin saw enough to make an offer it is likely a good sign.
      Terry Blue -
      Several Ivy League offers, must have some smarts
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      He has a low release, off his shoulder. Sort of like Phillip Rivers.
      catmanjack -
      Hope for the best, this might not sound good but does this staff know what a good QB is?
      I say that with Johnson in mind but lets think back Johnson was taken as an after thought and was not ever going to be the starter at UK.
      So back to the question does this staff know what a good QB is? At the very least the jury is still out and way out in left field.
      kingcat -
      I'm not so sure SJ was such an after thought. I know it's been spun that way but there were other solid choices, even on the Wildcat roster at the time for a back up qb. Personally i believe that although CMS hoped his QB would live up to the hype, others on staff convinced him that might not be the case.
      I also believe they saw a lack of leadership skills and self discipline

And that they (Gran and Hinshaw) already had scoped the football landscape to find a diamond in the rough. With those qualities in hand, Hinshaw's expertise eventually came to the forefront through Johnson.
      The man is a whiz and knows how and who to recruit...especially at QB. Coach H. was ranked as one of the top 10 recruiters in college football (while at UT) in 2011 by Rivals.Com. And he had major input in some high powered record setting offenses at both Cincinnati and UT..so he knew what it would require

As I recall, Johnson was his sole choice after an extensive search for a dual threat QB. I really think he was Hinshaw's man all along..but he was not the head coach.
      catmanjack -
      Still sticking by my thought the starting QB job was handed to Barker and Johnson was never going to see the field.
      Mind you we are still waiting to see the high power offenses that were on display at other schools.
      Just go down the list of QB's recruited to UK and see how they have fared besides Johnson whom I really liked and supported because of his heart and desire to win.
      Terry Blue -
      If UK was wrong on some of the recruited qbs then so we're many traditional powers
      Doc -
      Jon Hale says one source calls him a "Baker Mayfield twin."

Purportedly, he's the only QB UK may sign in 2019, they like him that much. They were talking about taking two QBs previously.

I like the talk.
      does this mean UK has a Heisman trophy winner in the near future?
      Darrell KSR -
      Might as well. Already had the #1 pick in the NFL Draft.
      HerbTarlek -
      He has a low release, off his shoulder. Sort of like Phillip Rivers.
      Yeah, but Phillip Rivers is 6'5"-6'6". That's how he can get away with it. By being tall.
      Terry Blue -
      Larry Vaught told me he likes Scalzo
      Terry Blue -
      We've offered 3 of his hs teammates
      catmanjack -
      I see no traditional power on this list, oh but several ivy league schools are after him also.

# 18 dual-threat QB in class of 2019, per 247Sports.

Illinois, Florida Atlantic, UNLV and Buffalo among his other biggest offers, per Ben Roberts.
      Terry Blue -
      Good on the Ivy League, means he has intelligence, important for a qb