Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky lands 3-star QB Nik Scalzo from Florida

# 18 dual-threat QB in class of 2019, per 247Sports.

Illinois, Florida Atlantic, UNLV and Buffalo among his other biggest offers, per Ben Roberts.
    Comments 33 Comments
      Terry Blue -
      The guy that owns Phillips Academy where Nik works told LV he,s solD on Nik bigtime. Says he thinks UK does as good as anyone in the country evaluating qbs. Said look at how Williams and Jones blew up after UK had already offered. Said lot of schools worried about his height like they were Mayfield and Manziel
      ShoesSwayedBlue -
      It really is hilarious to see people question the staff's ability to evaluate QBs. "Who's this skinny guy Jones? " Nick Saban took him. "Who's this guy Williams?. Looks like he can't throw". Hinshaw works with him, he refines his throwing motion, Mark Richt takes him.

Not only that, but half of the criticism here about football recruiting is about how recruiting Ohio isn't the ticket. Have to get those Florida guys. Well, this kid is the highest rated QB in Florida and will surely get more high profile offers later.

We should be more worried about holding onto him than about him not being good enough.
      Terry Blue -
      Shoes, don't worry about it. You know there are a few here wired to negativity. That's fine, let them be miserable
      catmanjack -
      Show me that's all I am saying, who has truly developed under this staff?
      catmanjack -
      Jones will never see the field at Bama but you hold onto that.
      jazyd -
      Quote Originally Posted by ShoesSwayedBlue View Post
      It really is hilarious to see people question the staff's ability to evaluate QBs. "Who's this skinny guy Jones? " Nick Saban took him. "Who's this guy Williams?. Looks like he can't throw". Hinshaw works with him, he refines his throwing motion, Mark Richt takes him.

Not only that, but half of the criticism here about football recruiting is about how recruiting Ohio isn't the ticket. Have to get those Florida guys. Well, this kid is the highest rated QB in Florida and will surely get more high profile offers later.

We should be more worried about holding onto him than about him not being good enough.
      Shoes, do you really think Jones is anything more than a practice player and an emergency in case one of the others gets hurt? Or if one of the hand ful of qb's had not transferred out because they didn't start?

I was totally down on the recruiting of Steven, not because of lack of ability which in reality he doesn't have a ton of talent, not SEC talent but he has a huge heart and will to win which hte staff had no idea of. Now, here is how this wb guru and OC of ours recruited him and you can go back and check. They told him to send a 'tape' of him throwing, he an offer from Ark State and a SWAC team and nothing more, and somehow our staff said he was the best of 18 juco qb's that year. From a tape, not seeing in person but a tape. Now here is my problem, first they had no idea what they were getting other than a backup qb that they desparately needed because they had just lost 2 qb's to transfer since Stoops told them they would not have a chance to start, Barker was his guy period even though he had not earned it nor has he to this day.
      Now SJ was the best of he best according to our OC and qb coach, now who do you think was also available that year coming out of one year of juco, who had no other D-I offers? Some kid just drafted #7 in the lastest NFL draft, Josh Allen. Maybe they didn't even look at him ever, or knew about him, or saw a tape of him throwing.

I love what SJ did, took me awhile, but he had a big heart. But he wasn't the best qb available that year.

And how much did Barker improve under this current leadership? So there is plenty of room for criticism. Plus if these two coaches are so great, why were they in Cincy and not at a big program in the SEC since at least one had spent time in the SEC if not both?
      Terry Blue -
      Really like Nik's 23 tds vs 6 int. Obviously if he were at least 3 inches taller he'D have a bunch more Power 5 offers and he may yet. He's used to running the RPO and has that chip on his shoulder gunslinger mentality
      kingcat -
      Im not real big on Coach Stoops as everyone knows but..

Imo anyone who doesn't believe Hinshaw knows his stuff on the offensive side of the ball or in recruiting and developing offensive players (especially QB's) either holds a grudge or is grossly mistaken. He is not a "wing it" and hope for the best level football coach or recruiter.
      That's community college stuff.

It's that simple.
      catmanjack -
      He still has time to prove himself at UK, so far I would say a C at best.
      Terry Blue -
      Small qbs who have found success: Doug Flutie, Fran Tarkenton, Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, Baker Mayfield, Eddie Lebaron, Johnny Manziel. Are there others
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
      Are there others
      Fran Tarkenton and Sonny Jurgenson, to go back a few years.
      Terry Blue -
      All these 6' or smaller
      Terry Blue -
      Sonny was one of my favorites, 5'11. He's 84 years young
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post