Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Tim Mastay starting new career as volunteer Centre coach

By LARRY VAUGHT

After being out of the National Football League for two seasons, Tim Masthay is ready to start a new potential career as a volunteer assistant coach for the Centre College men’s soccer team.

The former all-Southeastern Conference punter at the University of Kentucky had a six-year career with the Green Bay Packers that included a Super Bowl championship. He had a career average of 44.2 yards per punt.

He’s always played and been infatuated with soccer, so when he had a chance to join the Division III program at Centre he took it. Masthay and his wife, Amanda, have been back living in Lexington over a year with their three children — ages 6, 3 and 1.

He knows his wife had no objections to him making the 45-minute drive to Danville to coach.

“After having me at home the past two years, I think she is ready for me to be out of the house,” Masthay said. “She loves the idea and is excited about it. She had done Governor’s Scholar (when she was in high school) at Centre and loved her experience there. Our whole experience with Danville and Centre College has been very positive.

“I’ve been helping (Centre coach) Jeb (Burch) through the spring. He has a well-oiled machine with this program,” Masthay said. “He’s a great guy for me to learn from. He was not only welcoming and accessible but he runs a very stable program. I’ve been helping out and doing whatever I could.”

He’ll work one of Centre’s summer soccer camps as well as continuing his work with Kohl’s Kicking Camp, which has 150 camps nationwide and is used by ESPN to rank kickers, punters and snappers.

“My commitment to Centre College is through the fall season and then we will see what the situation is at that point,” Masthay said. “For the time being, we will remain living in Lexington because I actually enjoy the scenic drive to Danville.

“I’ve really been impressed with the student-athletes on the team. They seem like a bunch of really good guys and are a pleasure to work with. It’s going to be a great experience for me.”
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post