Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• J. Vanderbilt to draft without agent

https://twitter.com/kykernelsports/s...743099904?s=21

Comments 36 Comments
      ShoesSwayedBlue -
      You have to wonder how many new fans UK is making now days who aren't being led that way by their parents. My parents were casual fans. My obsession began with watching the Givens/Robey/Phillips/Lee bunch grow into a great TEAM.

Our guys are desperate to be gone so quickly now how can a ten year old , like I was in 75-76, become attached to a group and see them grow while still playing for the Cats like I did?

Just being an old fart I guess. But not all change is for the better.
      catmanjack -
      Honestly times have changed everywhere this is not a UK thing but it is hard to build teams as far as growing attached I would be anything that many UK fans were attached and loved the wall team, the Brandon knight team and run was very exciting, how about the Davis team or the run the 14 team made, well I just forgot about the 15 team and the 38-1 run no way that team was loved. And we can go back to the 17 team with fox and monk the run they got on and how they were robbed but no way these teams were loved and anyone would ever get attached or excited about them.
      bigsky -
      I don’t think there was a player other than SGA I have ended up giving a flyin rip about on this team. Harsh, I know.
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
      I guess for most its hard to take or understand that these kids come to UK and other colleges to perfect their craft and train for their profession just as the normal college student takes science and math.
      They only come to UK instead of other colleges because the path to their profession is faster and smoother just like going to the ivy league will stand out on your resume.
      These kids to not owe UK anything nor will they ever.
      As Darryl said, be careful how you (the player) structures that arrangement, b/c in that world we don't owe them anything either.

Bakert mentioned this in a way a while back and I didn't take time to respond, but being a rugged individualist / libertarian / capitalist type is not to be confused with having no loyalty or desire to be part of a team effort. Quite the contrary, the only difference is that the terms need to be clear and the arrangement mutual.

A lot of UK fans are thinking the terms may not be to their liking, and the arrangement is becoming less mutual.

Liken it to a company. It's OK to leave a job and go get a better one, but while you're at your current job you should be putting the company first and doing the very best you can for that organization b/c that's the terms of their paying you. You don't have to stay at that job if you have a chance to do better, but you can't dog it or use that company just to gather up your contacts and put yourself first instead of them and then leave and take their clients and business, etc.

These kids arent' taking business away from UK, but it is valid to ask if they are putting their full effort into their time here. I'm not saying they aren't, but it's valid to hold that as a standard even as an individualist. They dont' have to stay here if it's not their best situation, but they do have to give their all while here.

And that has nothing to do with the view that they are in fact taking on a WORSE situation than UK when they make some of these decisions. And if so that's another issue, and IMO the biggest one Cal and UK are currently facing. No one questions Wall or AD going, that's obvious, but guys who are going to end up making McDonald's money in the G League? that's crazy.
      catmanjack -
      I agree Bigsky
      ukpumacat -
      And.....we wait.
      KeithKSR -
      Vanderbilt' remarks sound like a kid who knows he isn't remaining in the draft.
      Harlow -
      This was not a good team at all and we lost to horrible Kansas St team... Pj and Vandy only ones I care bout anymore with big sky
      ukpumacat -
      Quote Originally Posted by Harlow View Post
      This was not a good team at all and we lost to horrible Kansas St team... Pj and Vandy only ones I care bout anymore with big sky

Nope. And if these guys stay in the draft...we are going to be worse next year.
      suncat05 -
      I find myself agreeing with UKHistory and his assessment.
      So, was he really not injured that bad and was sandbagging this past season? Does he really need surgery on that foot? Which is it? Either way, I get the feeling that JV is playing Kentucky for his own advantage. And if that us the case, I am less likely to be amicable to his situation.
      I just have a sense that we're not getting the whole story and/or the whole truth. JMHO.
      patrick54 -
      Not going anywhere but this further delays surgery and thus recovery
      DanISSELisdaman -
      I'll tell you what is pitiful IMO, is that some fans judge these players dedication to the team, without knowing anything about their situation. They hear a rumor and run with it. Vanderbilt play harder than anyone on the team except maybe SGA when he was in there. I think they deserve to be able to make their own decisions about their careers, since it effects them and not us. If I was in his place, I would want all the feedback I could get too.
      dtalbersjr -
      Quote Originally Posted by DanISSELisdaman View Post
      I'll tell you what is pitiful IMO, is that some fans judge these players dedication to the team, without knowing anything about their situation. They hear a rumor and run with it. Vanderbilt play harder than anyone on the team except maybe SGA when he was in there. I think they deserve to be able to make their own decisions about their careers, since it effects them and not us. If I was in his place, I would want all the feedback I could get too.
      Amen. Just ridiculous the garbage some people come up with.
      KentuckyWildcat -
      Quote Originally Posted by patrick54 View Post
      Not going anywhere but this further delays surgery and thus recovery
      Yep

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
      ETWNAPPEL -
      Surgery is not needed...
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by ETWNAPPEL View Post
      Surgery is not needed...
      It may be if some of these guys can't get their heads out of their asses manually.....
  • KSR Twitter Feed