Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Baseball: *UK vs UF tonight at the Cliff. 7:00 pm

Thursday is an unusual starting day for a 3 game series so this is a PSA for those that follow the Bat Cats. Game is scheduled to be aired on the SEC Network and audio broadcast on WLAP
    Comments 39 Comments
      dan_bgblue -
      Tonight we'll have Zach Haake on the mound.
      Thanks for that bit of info. It does not inspire me with confidence about their first game chances of success, but it is appreciated none the less.
      Darrell KSR -
      We're sort of limited on what we can do. I would have rather seen Hjelle v Singer, but Mingione now has our # 1 vs his # 2, and our # 2 (I guess) vs his # 3. But if we tank tonight we are in a hole, and backs against the wall needing to win those two badly.

(I could be saying the same thing tomorrow with a Hjelle loss today, too, I know.)

I agree with the move. Our options aren't perfect.
      dan_bgblue -
      1,2,3 inning for UF in the first. Haake with good control and 2 pitches working very well for him.

0-0 B1
      dan_bgblue -
      Cats go down in order in the 1st.

0-0 T2
      dan_bgblue -
      Perfect inning for Haake again. 3 KOs out of 6 batters faced.

0-0 B2
      dan_bgblue -
      Becker leads off the 2nd and singles thru the gap between 3rd and short. Cottam at bat, and flies out to right. Aklinski at the plate, and Singer pick off attempt is in te dirt and gets away which allows Becker to advamce to 2nd, pops out to short right. Johnson steps in, KO looking to ends the inning.

0-0 T3
      Darrell KSR -
      Mason Hazlewood taking over for Haake. Interesting.
      dan_bgblue -
      Haake is lifted and is replaced by Hazlewood. 1st batter is hit in the back by the pitch. 2nd batter, walks him on 4 pitches. 3rd batter, Hazlewood is lifted with 0 outs 2 runners on and a 2-1 count on the current batter.
      Doc -
      stupid to pull Haake.
      Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      Haake is lifted and is replaced by Hazlewood. 1st batter is hit in the back by the pitch. 2nd batter, walks him on 4 pitches. 3rd batter, Hazlewood is lifted with 0 outs 2 runners on and a 2-1 count on the current batter.
      4th batter hits a 2 run double
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      stupid to pull Haake.
      Horrible.
      Doc -
      0-6, FL. and still batting in the 3rd. this one is over...and the loss should go to the coaching staff
      dan_bgblue -
      3rd batter will face Maley on the bump, walks him. 4th batter up with bases loaded, doubles into the right center gap to plate 3. 5th batter, walked him on a 11 pitch at bat to India. 6th batter, sends it over the left field wall. Fastball up and over middle of the plate. 7th batter, KO looking. 8th batter, KO swinging.

6-0 UF B3
      Darrell KSR -
      The two inning at a time approach is one that Mississippi State used to do regularly. But it's such a huge departure from what Nick's approach has been, and we've struggled finding two out of the bullpen so often it made no sense here.

Haake was sharp. Watch him, and if he goes four innings and puts a runner or two on, fine. But you needed eating innings in the first game of the series.

Sorry, Nick. Not a good move.
      dan_bgblue -
      Rodriguez pops out. Dawson grounds out. 3rd batter KO swinging.

6-0 UF T4
      Darrell KSR -
      Mingione doing TV interview; asked about using a committee tonight: "trying to do something different but it didn't work."
      dan_bgblue -
      1st batter, Maley walked him on 5 pitches. 2nd batter, flies out to center. 3rd batter, pop up single to shallow left for a single and poor play by Pompey allowed the runner at 1st to advance to 3rd. 4th batter grounder to Cottam throw to 2nd for 1 oust but return throw is late scoring the runner at third and putting a man at first. 5th batter grounds out to short.

7-0 UF

B4
      Darrell KSR -
      If we score a touchdown, do we go for two?
      dan_bgblue -
      Squires leads off the 4th, KO looking. Heyer at bat, hit him on the arm. Becker up, doubles into the corner in left scoring Heyer. Chopper to 3rd is an out for Johnson and moves Becker to 3ed. Aklinski singles thru the left side plating Becker. KO looking from last batter. Announcers are babbling and not naming the batter at the plate and broadcast producer not putting up the graphic either.

7-2 UF

T5
      dan_bgblue -
      We have a new pitcher but I do0 not know who it is. They finally decided to tell us, pitcher is Mc George. 1st batter KO swinging. 2nd batter, flies out to right. 3rd batter, doubles to the wall in left. 4th batter, walks him. 5th batter, bloop single to left scores runner at 2nd. KO swinging,

8-2

B5
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post