Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Sacha Killeya-Jones is transferring

Comments 18 Comments
      anderwt -
      Really want Gabriel back..we need WG, Quade, PJ, Nick and JV to guide our young guys those first 20 or so games..
      UKFlounder -
      At least we added another freshman in his place,
      patrick54 -
      Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
      We all know it was academics in year one..it just didn’t click here for him..
      I think there were still some academic issues year 2. I know back in January or so when folks were complaining that he didn't get clock over Richards, there were some folks posting on rafters who claimed to know some tutors who worked with the team and they basically said he wasn't the best student and that had an impact on his PT.

I really wonder what came first: SKJ likely to transfer or EJ recruitment ramping up. Did SKJ transfer as a response to the latter or did the latter happen because Cal knew SKJ was leaning to go?

I REALLY, REALLY HOPE THE SAME THING DOESN'T HAPPEN WITH THE HAGANS COMMITMENT AND GREEN!
      ShoesSwayedBlue -
      I don't blame him, as he would seem to be the odd man out if Richards progresses as he should, but still...
      wes011 -
      It’s frustrating because he has the potential to be an impact player...best of luck to SKJ.
      Darrell KSR -
      For my money, I would've preferred a Junior SKJ over a Sophomore Richards or a Freshman Montgomery. But I know it doesn't work that way.
      catmanjack -
      Jones had potential, best of luck to him!
      anderwt -
      Quote Originally Posted by patrick54 View Post
      I think there were still some academic issues year 2. I know back in January or so when folks were complaining that he didn't get clock over Richards, there were some folks posting on rafters who claimed to know some tutors who worked with the team and they basically said he wasn't the best student and that had an impact on his PT.

I really wonder what came first: SKJ likely to transfer or EJ recruitment ramping up. Did SKJ transfer as a response to the latter or did the latter happen because Cal knew SKJ was leaning to go?

I REALLY, REALLY HOPE THE SAME THING DOESN'T HAPPEN WITH THE HAGANS COMMITMENT AND GREEN!

I want green back
      patrick54 -
      I want green back
      me too. priority number 1.

Order of priorities:

1. Green
      2. PJ
      3. Gabriel
      4. JV

I tink we lose Gabriel and I think we MIGHT lose Green but really hope not. The key is how open he is to playing off the ball. Played a ton of min in a key role this year and would do the same next but I just must know if he would be content in that off the ball role vs. transfer back to Nova to play pg
      KeithKSR -
      me too. priority number 1.

Order of priorities:

1. Green
      2. PJ
      3. Gabriel
      4. JV

I tink we lose Gabriel and I think we MIGHT lose Green but really hope not. The key is how open he is to playing off the ball. Played a ton of min in a key role this year and would do the same next but I just must know if he would be content in that off the ball role vs. transfer back to Nova to play pg
      Green wouldn’t see a lot of time at PG for Nova. Ever hear of Jahvon Quinerly?
      anderwt -
      I love cal is reloading with the 5 that it looks like we are getting. We will struggle again though if these fringe 2nd round guys go and undrafted Guys leave along with guys like Green/SKJ transfer... this is where the culture needs to change!!
      patrick54 -
      Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
      Green wouldn’t see a lot of time at PG for Nova. Ever hear of Jahvon Quinerly?
      True...Quinerly one and done?
      patrick54 -
      I love cal is reloading with the 5 that it looks like we are getting. We will struggle again though if these fringe 2nd round guys go and undrafted Guys leave along with guys like Green/SKJ transfer... this is where the culture needs to change!!
      yes. keep green, keep 3-4 other front line guys and let's do it.
      KeithKSR -
      True...Quinerly one and done?
      Not likely, he is 6-1 and the NBA likes their PGs bigger to be OAD. Could be a two or three year guy and is heir apparent to Brunson.
      patrick54 -
      Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
      Not likely, he is 6-1 and the NBA likes their PGs bigger to be OAD. Could be a two or three year guy and is heir apparent to Brunson.
      great stuff. I mean, surely Green sees this!
      Bakert -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      For my money, I would've preferred a Junior SKJ over a Sophomore Richards or a Freshman Montgomery. But I know it doesn't work that way.
      I'm with you.

Sorry things didn't work out better for him at UK and wish him the best whatever happens. But really would have loved to have had him back next year.
      StuBleedsBlue2 -
      I would've loved to keep SKJ, but it's not really a big loss. I wish him well. It should open some time back up for Wenyen, if he's considering leaving with potential feelings of getting squeezed out.

I've always said that it's a very low probability that we lose 5. It's a higher one now, BUT, if you asked me if there were 5 guys we'd lose and 3 of them were from a group of SKJ, Gabriel, Green and Diallo, I'm very fine with it. If numbers start looking light, we'll add a grad transfer.
      bigsky -
      PJ and Diallo are my one and two I want to stay
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post