Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Wade likely to return for Kansas State v Kentucky

By LARRY VAUGHT

Kentucky and Kansas State played four common opponents this season — Vanderbilt, West Virginia, Georgia and Kansas. Kentucky went 5-1 in those games while Kansas State finished 2-5.

Kansas State beat Vanderbilt and Georgia. It lost just 73-72 at Kansas but was routed 89-51 at West Virginia (it also lost 77-69 to West Virginia at home). Kansas also came back to win 70-56 at Kansas State and then lost 83-67 to Kansas in the Big 12 Tournament. Kentucky lost 65-61 to Kansas in the Champions Classic.

Kansas State (24-11) beat Creighton in the first round and then beat UMBC 50-43 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament and did not have leading scorer Dean Wade, a 6-10 junior forward, in either game. He averages 16.5 points per game and shoots 55 percent overall and 44 percent from 3-point range. He leads the team in rebounding at 6.3 per game and is second in steals and blocked shots. He also adds 2.8 assists per game.

He’s missed the last three games with a left foot injury but told the Wichita Eagle he was “98 percent sure” he would play against Kentucky.
    Kansas State was 3-9 against RPI top-50 teams in the regular season. Kentucky was 7-9 mark. Kansas State was 10-11 against the RPI top 100. Kentucky was 15-10.

KenPom has Kentucky as a 3.5-point favorite in a game that will be played at a much slower pace than the UK win over Buffalo, something that could stymie Hamidou Diallo after his terrific game against Buffalo. Kansas State is 242nd in the country averaging 71.6 points per game shots only 34 percent from 3-point range. However, Kansas State is only giving up 66.9 points per game.
    Comments 12 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      I am surprised we haven't had more discussion of the impact Kansas State's leading scorer may have on the game. This is the kind of thing that scares me. Of course, fans overlooking something and a team and coaching staff overlooking are often different. But a 6'10 guy that can stretch the floor and shoot 44% from 3-point range?

Guys....we've had a bad history with these kind of players in the NCAA tournament.
      dtalbersjr -
      I’m worried about this game. We’re better, but it’s not a great matchup. They clog the lane, force turnovers and don’t turn it over themselves. Not a great matchup for us.

Better than UVA though.

Would be nice for Quade to reappear.
      GhettoBird -
      Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
      I’m worried about this game. We’re better, but it’s not a great matchup. They clog the lane, force turnovers and don’t turn it over themselves. Not a great matchup for us.

Better than UVA though.

Would be nice for Quade to reappear.
      Agree
      westtncat -
      At this point, the margin of error is slim and we could be beaten by anyone. We just need to continue to play like we have been playing.

I am more worried that we will look at who is left and take a step back like we did against Florida. Opposing players don't worry me near as much. I am more concerned about us beating ourselves than anyone left in our region.
      GhettoBird -
      Quote Originally Posted by westtncat View Post
      At this point, the margin of error is slim and we could be beaten by anyone. We just need to continue to play like we have been playing.

I am more worried that we will look at who is left and take a step back like we did against Florida. Opposing players don't worry me near as much. I am more concerned about us beating ourselves than anyone left in our region.
      That a really great point.
      anderwt -
      Quote Originally Posted by westtncat View Post

This..

Quade Green is the key to this weekend to me..he will win us one of these games
      kingcat -
      A defensive battle? Cal is salivating over such a challenge
      Catfan73 -
      K-State is 22-10 with Wade (.69) and only 2-1 without him (.67)
      KeithKSR -
      Does a still injured Wade negatively impact KState?
      UKHistory -
      I am guessing he makes them a whole different team. Something to watch

How long was he out? Could be rusty. I am sure he is not wilt chamberlain but still.
      catmanjack -
      Has missed the last 3 games
      dtalbersjr -
      Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
      This..

Quade Green is the key to this weekend to me..he will win us one of these games
      I hope so. He's been pretty poor since the Florida game, although he hit a huge shot when we were staggering against Davidson.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post