Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Revenge not the reason Kentucky wanted to beat Florida Saturday

By LARRY VAUGHT

Revenge is not the reason that Kentucky wanted to beat Florida Saturay.

“We just want to end the season off on the right note. We want to end the season off with a W (win) and go into this March (postseason) thinking about winning. That’s what it’s all about," Kentucky freshman Hamidou Diallo said Friday.

Kentucky and Florida play at noon in Gainesville. The winner will be the No. 3 seed in the SEC Tournament and earn a double bye. The loser will need Arkansas to lose at Missouri to be the No. 4 seed in the tourney and get a double bye.

Florida won at Rupp Arena earlier this year when it appeared P.J. Washington was fouled on a potential game-tying shot but no foul was called.

“We’re not dwelling on the past. That’s one thing—once the game is over, we close that chapter and focus on the next one," Diallo said. "So coming out today, we’re going to hope that we’re not in position for a last play like that to matter.”

What about the potential double bye?

“That’s really important, but it’s much more of us just focusing on what we need to do going into March and the momentum that we need going into March knowing that this is when the season really starts for us. We just need to focus on that and know this is just another big game for us.”
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post