Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Richards, Cats work on finishing games, limiting turnovers

By LARRY VAUGHT

Freshman Nick Richards leads Kentucky in rebounding at 6.6 per game and is also adding 8.7 points per game going into Saturday afternoon's game at 4 EST against UCLA in the CBS Sports Classic at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans.

But numbers/analytics don't mean much to Richards.

"When I was in high school, I used to listen to it a lot. Now that I'm in college, there's really no time. You can't be stuck up on yourself. You just gotta worry about the team and move forward and figure out what you can do as an individual to make the team better," Richards said.

He says he focused on most stats -- points, rebounds, fouls, blocks, turnovers -- in high school. Now winning is what matters and why he normally works out individually with assistant coach Kenny Payne before every practice.

"We take like 40, 45 minutes before practice, just work on little things like hooks, jump shots, turnaround baseline jump shots, baseline hooks, stuff like that and just get my conditioning up as well," Richards said.

He said the Cats are trying to learn to finish games better -- and also reducing turnovers.

"We need to stop turning the ball over as much as we do. We didn't have that much against Virginia Tech, but some games we have like 24, 25 turnovers in one game. That's not winning basketball. That's not a championship team. I think that's what we need to improve on," Richards said.

"I would just say we're not being calm with the ball, not being strong enough with the ball. That could be some reasons."
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post