Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• McCall hoping he will impact other Michigan recruits to Kentucky

By LARRY VAUGHT

Marquan McCall hopes his arrival at Kentucky for the 2018 football season will have an impact on other Michigan prep stars considering coming south to play for the Wildcats as well.

McCall and Deandre Square are two Michigan standouts who both signed with Kentucky earlier this month.

“Hopefully they see Kentucky is not just a basketball school but also a football school, too, and kids will want to commit and come down,” McCall said. “There are a lot of great players here in Kentucky, including a lot that people don’t even know about.”

Kentucky signed 20 players. McCall doesn’t know many of his future teammates personally but he knows enough about their playing ability.

“I know of a lot of them. From what I know, it looks good. They are pretty good players,” he said.

And Square?

“That’s my boy. He is a great player. He’s going to play wonderful,” McCall said. “If you need somebody to get on your, he could do it.”

Recruiting coordinator Vince Marrow credited UK secondary coach Steve Clinkscale for UK’s recruiting success in Michigan this year.

“Before we hired Clink, I had Ohio, Pennsylvania and Detroit because Detroit was close to where I went to school at Toledo. I coached there,” Marrow said. “I knew when we got Clink, he did a good job when he was at Illinois and Cincinnati. We got some good players out of there (Michigan) and I think we are going to stay there.

“2019 is a very strong class. It’s another six-hour radius of our recruiting and I just think that’s going to be a mainstay there.”
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post