Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky v Northwestern in Music City Bowl

Music City Bowl just made the official announcement.

Comments 27 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Have not seen a line for the game yet. I'm guessing Northwestern will be about a 7-point favorite.
      Darrell KSR -
      Northwestern runs it 40 times a game and has 28 rushing touchdowns this season.

Kentucky runs it 39 times a game and has 24 rushing touchdowns.
      Darrell KSR -
      AD Mitch Barnhart says BBN has made Nashville its second home and notes how critical fan support will be to the pursuit of an eighth win. Obvious concern over the UK-UL basketball conflict same day. https://t.co/2H6L0ERgki
      Darrell KSR -
      Northwestern has the nation’s ninth best rushing defense and holds opponents to 3.3 yards per carry. allowing only 10 rushing TDs all year.
      KMSBball -
      Pat Fitzgerald is a pretty good coach who always gets more out of his team beats the experts predictions. Should be a good matchup for the Cats. At least we won’t see cut blocks on every run. I think we’ve got a chance.
      Krank -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      AD Mitch Barnhart says BBN has made Nashville its second home and notes how critical fan support will be to the pursuit of an eighth win. Obvious concern over the UK-UL basketball conflict same day. https://t.co/2H6L0ERgki
      Basketball at 1 pm ET that day vs. UL.

Football at 4:30 pm ET that day vs. NU.

We'll pack Rupp for UL without a doubt... and even with a good deal of consternation amongst UK FB fans, currently, I expect UK fans to show up in droves for the bowl game... cuz they ALWAYS do... plus NU's fanbase is not exactly "huge" despite being in a well-known Chicago 'burb.
      Darrell KSR -
      For those that want to make a nice 3 or 4 day trip out of it, it's a great time to visit Nashville.

December 29 & 30 there is a two-day Music City Bowl festival with live music, activities, vendors and food. You can go to the Musiccitybowl.com/fanzone/ website to get more info. Of course, many UK fans here know about Nashville's live music scene, which is terrific. Some of you may want to chime in.

The Preds are playing hockey on December 30 at Bridgestone Arena at 7pm if you want to take in a high quality NHL contest. We went last year and had a blast.

Finally, if you hang around to New Year's Eve, you can attend a Jimmy Buffet New Year's Eve show, with Huey Lewis and the News at Bridgestone as well.

It could be a terrific trip. Will the Cats do their part?
      Darrell KSR -
      In case you do NOT go through Kentucky for tickets--Kentucky seating will be on the EAST SIDE of the stadium. That kind of thing has never bothered me before, but I guess it is nice to sit with like-minded fans. Kentucky should have the lions share--or should i say, Wildcats' share--of the fans in the stands anyway, but you may not want to be in the middle of a pocket of Northwestern fans.
      Krank -
      For those that want to make a nice 3 or 4 day trip out of it, it's a great time to visit Nashville.

December 29 & 30 there is a two-day Music City Bowl festival with live music, activities, vendors and food. You can go to the Musiccitybowl.com/fanzone/ website to get more info. Of course, many UK fans here know about Nashville's live music scene, which is terrific. Some of you may want to chime in.

The Preds are playing hockey on December 30 at Bridgestone Arena at 7pm if you want to take in a high quality NHL contest. We went last year and had a blast.

Finally, if you hang around to New Year's Eve, you can attend a Jimmy Buffet New Year's Eve show, with Huey Lewis and the News at Bridgestone as well.

It could be a terrific trip. Will the Cats do their part?
      These two sentences are, IMO, oil and water... sorry, lol, I do HATE both of those acts with an undying vigor.
      Krank -
      In case you do NOT go through Kentucky for tickets--Kentucky seating will be on the EAST SIDE of the stadium. That kind of thing has never bothered me before, but I guess it is nice to sit with like-minded fans. Kentucky should have the lions share--or should i say, Wildcats' share--of the fans in the stands anyway, but you may not want to be in the middle of a pocket of Northwestern fans.
      My guess is the FB fans are not so bad from NU...

the only thing I recall from my time working relatively near NU back in the day was that unless you are a Bobby Knight-led IU team, the fans will be cool.

Nobody heckled Bobby Knut like Northwestern fans at home... and, of course, he could not help but react to them, lol.
      Darrell KSR -
      LEXINGTON, Ky. – The Wildcats are headed back to Nashville. Kentucky has accepted a bid to play in the Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl and will take on Northwestern.

The game will be played at 4:30 p.m. ET on Friday, Dec. 29 at Nissan Stadium in Nashville and will be broadcast on ESPN. The Music City Bowl has been played continuously since its founding in 1998, sharing an affiliation with the Southeastern Conference ever since. This year marks the 20th anniversary of the Music City Bowl.

“We’re very excited to have earned another bowl bid and honored to receive an invitation from the Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl,” UK Coach Mark Stoops said. “Kentucky has a long history with this game and fans love going to Nashville. Taking on Northwestern will be a great challenge and we look forward to an exciting game.”

The bowl appearance is the second in a row for the Wildcats after they reached the TaxSlayer Bowl a season ago. It is Kentucky’s 17th bowl appearance all time and the Wildcats own a record of 8-8 in those games.

This will mark UK’s fifth appearance in the Music City Bowl, the most of any team in the history of the bowl. UK has a 2-2 record in the bowl, scoring memorable wins over Clemson and Florida State in 2006 and 2007. Kentucky has a history of bringing big crowds to Nashville for the game, with the 2006 (68,024) and 2007 (68,661) editions being the best-attended games in Music City Bowl history.

“We are proud to participate in the 20th Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl and thankful to Scott Ramsey and the Nashville Sports Council for the invitation,” Athletics Director Mitch Barnhart said. “Congratulations to Coach Stoops and our team for reaching a bowl game for a second season in a row. The Big Blue Nation has made Nashville a second home for us and fan support is going to be so important as our team works for its eighth win. Dec. 29 is going to be a big day for the University of Kentucky.”

The UK Ticket Office is now accepting ticket requests for the Music City Bowl from both season ticket holders and the general public. Fans should visit UKFootballTix.com for full information and to request tickets. Fans are highly encouraged to request tickets through UK Athletics, as institutional ticket purchases can impact future bowl opportunities. The priority ordering period runs through Monday, Dec. 4 at 4 p.m. Tickets requested during the priority ordering period will be allocated by K Fund priority point ranking with priority given to 2017 football season ticket holders and those who placed a 2018 season ticket deposit. Ticket requests will be filled based on availability.

Kentucky will enter the Music City Bowl with a record of 7-5. UK is one of two teams the country to tie or improve its win total from the previous year in each of the last five seasons, which coincides with Stoops’ tenure in Lexington. The Wildcats also went 4-4 in SEC, giving them a .500 record in conference play in back-to-back seasons for the first time since 1998-99. UK has had success away from home this season, claiming road victories over Southern Miss, South Carolina and Vanderbilt.

UK is led on offense by sophomore running back Benny Snell Jr., who ended the regular season leading the SEC in rushing yards with 1,318. His 18 touchdowns in 2017 set school records for both total touchdowns and rushing touchdowns in a single season. Standout junior linebackers Denzil Ware and Josh Allen – both ranking in the top 10 in the SEC in sacks – and junior safety Mike Edwards – tied for second in the SEC in interceptions – headline UK’s defense.

Northwestern carries a record of 9-3 (7-2 Big Ten) into the Music City Bowl. The Wildcats closed the season as one of the hottest teams in the country, winning seven straight games to finish No. 21 in the final College Football Playoff rankings. Northwestern has reached bowl games in three straight seasons and eight of the last 10 under head coach Pat Fitzgerald. All Big Ten performer Justin Jackson rushed for 1,154 yards to lead the Wildcat offense and the Northwestern defense is allowing just 19.8 points per game.
      Darrell KSR -
      By the way--rely on our countdown clock at the top of the site, which is accurate. The Music City Bowl Game has a countdown clock that is off an hour. It has it kicking off at 2:30 pm CT (local), 3:30 pm ET. Of course, the game is actually at 3:30 pm CT (local), 4:30 pm ET.
      Darrell KSR -
      6pm Press Conference link

http://ukathletics.com/news/2017/12/...onference.aspx
      MickintheHam -
      Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
      It will be, interesting.
      Just not exciting...
      It’s Mark Stoops football!! What could be more exciting? C’mon Man!
      Darrell KSR -
      @bigblueinsider1: Barnhart: I want to take our team to the SEC championship game. That’s our goal.

Question- won't it be expensive to buy that many tickets? Do you think he's talking about just scholarship players or everybody?
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
      These two sentences are, IMO, oil and water... sorry, lol, I do HATE both of those acts with an undying vigor.
      Don't ever say anything against Jimmy Buffet.

OK, you kinda can. It's funny b/c I love his older music, it's just fun sitting around with friends drinking music, and sitting around drinking is my lifetime hobby.

But in the Keys he's not very popular. Mostly b/c he got rich and famous and moved to Palm Beach, and now he has the restaurant there on Duval (where I've never, not once, been), and the Margaritaville corporation just bought out the Westin there, the biggest hotel/resort on the Gulf side.

You really rarely hear his music there. It's a city ordnance that every bar has to play "Brown Eyed Girl" at least once a day, but you don't hear much Buffet. A lot of locals even resent that he helped make the place as popular as it is now.

We now return you to our discussion of how a bunch of engineers from Northwestern are going to clobber us, and we'll drown ourselves in beer and fried pickles in Nashville...
      Darrell KSR -
      Been to the beach too many times with friends listening to Buffett for me to ever say a word. Buffett-beach-beer-buddy-bash just go together.
      CitizenBBN -
      Been to the beach too many times with friends listening to Buffett for me to ever say a word. Buffett-beach-beer-buddy-bash just go together.
      His older stuff, esp. the older versions of his stuff, is great. I don't care for the more modern twang he's put on things, it's become a bit of a caricature of his work in a way, but his older studio and live albums are great.

I have stuff of his prior to his Keys days, which has a lot more Delta influence and is a lot closer to Jerry jeff Walker and the like, but I really like Havana Daydreamin' and Living and Dying in 3/4ths Time, that era.

It's not supposed to unlock the key to the universe, it's supposed to be sing along music when you're 4-5 beers into the case.
      Catfan73 -
      Have not seen a line for the game yet. I'm guessing Northwestern will be about a 7-point favorite.
      I think it’s going to be a little higher than that but I think we have a better shot than against some of the other teams we could have been paired with. Their three best wins (Iowa at home, Michigan St. at home, and at Nebraska) all went to overtime, as dt said. The rest of their schedule was nothing to write home about. Sagarin rates it 49th and UK’s 64th—not a huge difference.
      catmanjack -
      Just need to not turn the ball over and open up the offense.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post