Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Antavion Collum looking for Kentucky interest

Editorial note--article was written prior to Collum's game yesterday.

By LARRY VAUGHT

It’s not like Antavion Collum doesn’t have more than his share of Division I basketball scholarship offers.

Several coaches, including those from Iowa State, were there to see him play Friday night for Tennessee Prep against Prolific Prep. His team trailed the entire game before losing 77-71 after Collum led a furious second half rally that cut the lead to one-point late in the game.

Collum finished with 21 points on 9-for-21 shooting, including 3-for-4 on 3-pointers, along with three steals, two rebounds and one assist before fouling out.

He has scholarship offers from Florida, Iowa State, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, Pittsburgh, Kansas State, Maryland, Memphis, Bradley, Middle Tennessee, Missouri State, Murray State and Tennessee-Martin. He’s ranked among the nation’s top 100 recruits in the 2019 class but considering he’s a 6-8 point guard with multiple skills, he feels way underrated.

“I started out slow tonight and then I started seeing the gaps and my mind was saying we had to win and I started making things happen,” Collum said.

He’ll have to likely make a lot happen tonight to keep his team in the game against talented Oak Hill Academy and UK signee Keldon Johnson. However, playing Oak Hill should give him a chance to play in front of UK coach John Calipari since he’s expected to be at Hoop Fest tonight.

Collum said Kentucky indicated a few weeks ago it wanted to see him play but he’s not heard from Kentucky since then. However, he’s hoping UK coaches are at Hoopfest tonight.

“I would just play my game. Usually if you try to do too much in front of a college coach, you will end up making yourself look bad,” Collum said.

Tennessee Prep coach Harold Rayford has no problem with Collum looking forward to Calipari being at Hoopfest.

“He’s a player. What coach doesn’t want a player to do that, and on top of that his confidence is increasing. Night in, night out in the Grind Session he is playing against Division I talent. Prolific Prep had like six or seven Division I players. That was major for a junior to face,” Rayford said. “We better be ready to rock and roll against Oak Hill. They are great and he (Collum) knows that.”
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post