Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky Looking for Home Crowd Support to Continue Historic Volleyball Season

By LARRY VAUGHT

Kentucky hopes to continue its historic volleyball season when it hosts East Tennessee State Friday night in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament.

If the Cats win as expected, they will play either Western Kentucky or Notre Dame on Saturday for a berth in the Sweet Sixteen -- which would also be hosted by Kentucky.

Coach Craig Skinner's team shared the Southeastern Conference championship with Florida and hopes playing in Memorial Coliseum can hope it make a big surge in NCAA play.

So what message would senior Kaz Brown, one of the SEC's best players, have for fans about this weekend?

"Just come out and support us. A lot of people don’t come watch volleyball because they are not super knowledgeable about the sport. Once they come to a game, they see how much fun it is and how active the game is,"" Brown said.

"I think once people learn a little bit more about the game they will buy into it more. This team is really a lot of fun to watch. Any opportunity we get to play at home, I think we really need a big crowd and they will enjoy it."

Kentucky has never had one of the NCAA's top four seeds and never has had a better chance to make the Final Four.

"I think this team is really special. It is different from teams I have been on in the past just because of the competitive drive," Brown said. "In practice it is really hard to score. We work hard every day. The competitiveness is what sets us apart."

Kaz Brown
    Comments 1 Comment
      dan_bgblue -
      I expect the crowd to be large and proud and loud.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post