Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• The Cats Face Troy and hold on for a 70-62 Win

By: LONNY DEMAREE

The 2-2 Troy going down the stretch was not settling for a bad shot when they were making the extra pass and closed the gap to eight points. The score at the end of the game was 70-62. Kentucky's largest lead was twenty-one points at the 17:51 mark of the second half. The 2-2 Troy going down the stretch was not settling for a bad shot when they were making the extra pass and closed the gap to eight points end of the game. Head coach Phil Cunningham said they had a lot of shots that appeared to be open and the Cat with their length shut it down.

Granted being up against the Wildcats and out-manned this Troy can't be mistaken for Helen of Troy there nothing beautiful about this group of round ballers. But they start to look more attractive toward the end of the game.

Even with a sixteen point lead there wasn't much that Calipari liked about the first half performance of his Cats. They missed a lot of point blank shots and was beat on some fifty-fifty balls. One thing he had to be pleased about is the play executed right before half where Quade Green hit a pull-up jumper to end the half. Green has at the present time established himself as the best shooter on the team.

At one point Cal had Tai Wynyard in the game because, obviously of the lack of play from his big men. Sacha Killeya-Jones continues to get more minutes because Nick Richardson is still learnig how to play at this level. Wynyard ended the first half in the game.

At the first timeout the Cats shooting percentage decrease and Troy's increased. At the 9:05 five mark of the second half Wenyen Gabriel is quietly have a good game. Gabriel had a season high of 12-points which was his season high. Wildcats at the 7:56 took control of the game leading 66-47. For the game Kentucky shot 44.1 to 35.9 percent.

UK took control with an 8-0 run coupled with seven straight misses by Troy.

“For twenty-five minutes we were good but we've got to learn to play more than twenty-five minutes,” Calipari said. “I've got to teach these guys how to win and they have to listens that in situations every possession counts.”

Cal said tomorrow could normally be a practice but they have to play again Wednesday so they have got to get pass this stretch of games so they can get in the gym and work on some things.

Cal said this is a process and they will be okay but now we they start to get tired things starting to break down.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post