Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kaz Brown SEC Player of Week, Offensive Player of Week; Madison Lilley Setter of Week

SEC Volleyball Week 13 Player of the Week
    Kaz Brown • Kentucky
    Senior • MB • 6-4 • Waterloo, Iowa

Offensive Player of the Week
    Kaz Brown • Kentucky

Brown averaged 5.67 points and 4.67 kills per set this past weekend. In Kentucky’s sweep of Ole Miss, she recorded a season-best 18 kills, two off her career high which she set two years ago. Brown committed just one error in the two matches and hit .659 on 41 swings. Her two matches were her fifth and sixth matches over .600. On the defensive end, she registered nine total blocks over six sets.

Defensive Player of the Week
    Alyssa Munlyn • Missouri
    Junior • MB • 6-2 • Suwanee, Ga.

Munlyn averaged 2.25 blocks per set as the Tigers picked up two more conference wins this past weekend. She posted 13 total blocks in Missouri’s win over Arkansas Sunday, matching her 2017 season high mark and tying the most single-match blocks by an individual in program history.

Setter of the Week
    Madison Lilley • Kentucky
    Freshman • 6-1 • Overland Park, Kan.

Lilley averaged 12.17 assists per set this past weekend. She put up 85 assists, including 47 in the three-set win against Ole Miss, which is an individual record for a three-set match. Lilley helped the team hit .395 over the two sets, while the team produced 107 kills in the two matches. UK set a three-set school record against Ole Miss with 57 kills in a match and 47 total assists.

Freshman of the Week
    T’ara Ceasar • Georgia
    Freshman • OH • 6-1 • Panama City, Fla.

Ceasar led the Georgia offense in both matches this weekend. She started with 11 kills at Kentucky, then followed up with a double-double performance at Tennessee with 14 kills and 15 digs. Ceasar hit .312 in the sweep of the Lady Vols. The double-double was her eighth this season while she extended her double-digit kill streak to 10 matches.
    Comments 10 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      UK Media Release

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – For the ninth time this season, the Kentucky volleyball team brought home at least one Southeastern Conference weekly award. Senior Kaz Brown garnered SEC Player and Offensive Player of the Week, while freshman Madison Lilley won SEC Setter of the Week for their performances against Georgia and Ole Miss last weekend.

Brown has won three weekly honors this season after winning Co-Defensive Player of the Week on Oct. 23. The Waterloo, Iowa, native racked up an impressive 28 kills in just six sets, including 18 in the sweep of Ole Miss. The 18 terminations were her season best and two off her career high of 20, which she set two years ago. Brown committed just one error in the two matches and hit .659 on 41 swings. She hit over .600 in both matches, and has reached that mark in six matches this year. Brown was solid on defense as well, racking up nine blocks, including two solo stuffs, last weekend.

Brown has a season hitting percentage of .410, which is third in the SEC and No. 14 the nation. She’s fifth in the conference in blocks per set at 1.19 and 74th in the country.

Lilley now has 11 weekly honors this season, including eight setter of the week awards. Lilley posted 47 assists in the win over Ole Miss on Sunday, a three-set record for an individual. She helped the Cats set a 25-point rally scoring era record with 58 kills vs. the Rebels. UK also hit over .400 for the fifth time this season. Lilley averaged 12.17 helpers per frame over the weekend, while helping the team hit .395 during the two sweeps.

The Overland Park, Kansas, native is now averaging 12.04 assists per set, which leads the SEC and is fifth in the nation. Lilley has helped Kentucky hit .319 this season, which is the conference’s best mark and third in the nation.

Kentucky will hit the road on Wednesday to take on Arkansas. First serve is set for 8 p.m. ET.
      dan_bgblue -
      Lilley has helped Kentucky hit .319 this season, which is the conference’s best mark and third in the nation.
      Outstanding work by the freshman for sure. She may be in the running for NCAA freshman of the year.
      Darrell KSR -
      She's deserving of every honor, but don't be surprised to see T'ara Ceasar of Georgia be named SEC Freshman of the Year. In fact, I expect it if they give a Setter of the Year award (which I think they do). Everybody gets a juice box.

Ceasar has won FOW seven times this year. She is the nation's highest-ranking freshman in kills and points per set. She's deserving, even though she is NOT as good a "player" as Lilley (JMO).
      PedroDaGr8 -
      Turns out they gave it to Lilley, great job by her!

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
      Darrell KSR -
      They didn't give a Setter of the Year award, so I think they gave it to the right player for sure.
      dan_bgblue -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      They didn't give a Setter of the Year award, so I think they gave it to the right player for sure.
      Is it unusual for them to omit that category for a POY?
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      Is it unusual for them to omit that category for a POY?
      I don't know. It seems to me that a Setter of the Year ought to be a category. It is the most important position on the team (IMHO), and they give the award every week. They rank them, they judge them, and then omit them from the end of year award?

I just don't recall from year to year. I guess it is normal. Seems peculiar to me.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      SEC Volleyball Week 13 Player of the Week
      Kaz Brown • Kentucky

Offensive Player of the Week
      Kaz Brown • Kentucky

Brown averaged 5.67 points and 4.67 kills per set this past weekend. In Kentucky’s sweep of Ole Miss, she recorded a season-best 18 kills, two off her career high which she set two years ago.
      Guess who broke her career record last night (and set a new all-time record for Kentucky in a 3-set match with 21 kills?
      dan_bgblue -
      Edmond?
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      Edmond?
      You are correct!

"Edmond paced the offense with a 25-point rally scoring era record for three sets with 21 kills in the win over Arkansas. She broke her own record of 19, which she set against Tennessee earlier this season."
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post