Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• The UK Wildcats took on Veteran Utah Valley

By: LONNY DEMAREE

The Wildccats won the game by a score of 73-63 after a hard faught game against a very experienced Utah Valley team. Former Wildcat Mark Pope had his team ready to compete against the very athletic Wildcats. They won on the strength of an outstanding perfomance of Hamidou Diallo and some run outs to grab the reins of the game. Diallo leld the Cats scoring with 18 points and two for four three point shooting.

The Wolverines would never let the Rupp Arena crowd get into the game like the home court advantage is supposed to provide. There was only one stretch that the crowd was able to show themselves . It was after the Cats fell behind by twelve points and then the Cats went on a 18-0 run to put some distance in the game.

Pope said his team wasn't prepaired to go against a zone. “It wasn't the run but the turnovers that killed us,” Pope said. “We got of guys that are here by some crooked paths” He was refering to some junior college players. He said they had some big chips on their shoulders and they are going to get a lot better.

The shooting was exactly the same 41 percent apiece and UTVA out rebounded the Cats 38-37. Thios was indicative of how close the game was except the final score.

Calipari Says
    Calipari said the UTVA point guard surprised them. “I didn't know he could get into the lane like that,” Cal said. He said he had to use the zone on them to get them going. He said he does not look at the scoreboard. Cal said – “Their guards are very good.”. He wants to see if they (Kentucky) are playing right. Cal said UTVA is going win some games.

Utah Valley Wolverines put up a strong first half performance against the very un-Cat like team. At the half they were leading the Cats 34-25. The Wolverines shot the 40 percent to the Cats 22 percent and out rebounded the Cat 25-26. Calipari said his team has a lot of work to do to reach the potentiality of this team this season but it looked like he had a lot of work to do in the second half to pull out a win in Rupp Arena.

Win or lose the more experienced Wolverines looked to be far more ready to play at a high level. The Cats started of the second half badly but then went on a flurry of points, an 18-0 run over 3:29 minutes to take a 43-37 lead. The Cats fell behind by 12-points at the beginning of the second half.

Hamidou Diallo's experince is showing for the Cats tonight and isn't his strange in referencing experience Cals teams when you are talking about a red-shirt freshman. But that's just what you are talking about when talking about his teams. The Cats had to struggle with the Wolverines on the strength of a never say die team.

The Cats finally pulled away with a 8-0 run late in the second half to lead 61-49 with five minutes to go in the game. But the Wolverines had no quit in them to stay in striking distance 63-52 with 4:59 To go in the game. At that point UTVA had only six baskets in the second half.

The Wildccats won the the bay a score of 73-63 after a hard faought game against a very experienced Utah Valley team. Former Wildcat Mark Pope had his team ready to compete against the very athletic Wildcats. They won on the strength of an outstanding performance of Hamidou Diallo and some run outs to grab the reins of the game.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post