Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• "Real Good Practices" Have Kevin Knox, Kentucky Ready to Begin Season

By LARRY VAUGHT

Kevin Knox Jr. thinks "real good practices" lately have him and his Kentucky teammates ready to start regular-season play against Utah Valley tonight.

"A lot of guys stepped up and showed that they’ve improved. They showed they’re ready for Friday. So, I’m pretty confident in the next few weeks," Knox said Thursday.

"I’m going to definitely have butterflies. I know other people will. They probably won’t admit it, but I’m a person to admit my butterflies. My first real college game, first packed game, my parents are going to be here, my grandparents. I’m definitely going to have the butterflies. I’m just really looking forward to it. Once that first basket goes in I’ll be good.”

Knox knows coach John Calipari will "never be happy" with the team's conditioning.

"We’ve been running a lot lately, getting us up and down and then going into our defensive stuff when we’re tired. But I think we’re definitely – we’re a little bit better than we were in the Blue-White (Game) when he (Calipari) was yelling at us. We’re definitely way better than that," Knox said.