Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• NCAA Basketball Officiating "Points of Emphasis" 2017-18 (VIDEO HERE)

Comments 3 Comments
      dtalbersjr -
      Unless the point of emphasis is removing Higgins from the list of officials, can't say it will have much impact.
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
      Unless the point of emphasis is removing Higgins from the list of officials, can't say it will have much impact.
      That's the stupidity of this annual dance. The NCAA committee on the games and officials comes out with these things, but they have no actual authority over the officials or the conferences except for the NCAA tourney, where they themselves continue to promote and advance officials who absolutely blatantly disregard their points of emphasis.

Higgins' actions in the UNC game were blatant, yet they keep on using him.

But the biggest joke of all is thinking that a bunch of guys who apparently have more job security and less job performance leverage than postal workers are going to give a dang about this stuff. They start doing it, the coaches complain, the leagues buckle, and the officials do what they want.
      badrose -
      Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
      That's the stupidity of this annual dance. The NCAA committee on the games and officials comes out with these things, but they have no actual authority over the officials or the conferences except for the NCAA tourney, where they themselves continue to promote and advance officials who absolutely blatantly disregard their points of emphasis.

Higgins' actions in the UNC game were blatant, yet they keep on using him.

But the biggest joke of all is thinking that a bunch of guys who apparently have more job security and less job performance leverage than postal workers are going to give a dang about this stuff. They start doing it, the coaches complain, the leagues buckle, and the officials do what they want.
      It's enough to make this fan start to lose interest.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post