Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Morehead State "fired up" about playing Kentucky tonight

By LARRY VAUGHT

Preston Spradlin kind of knows how Kentucky coach John Calipari feels.

“We have 10 new guys, including six freshmen,” said Spradlin, the head coach at Morehead State. “I think we are about where we should be. They have great energy about them. We’ve hit a point where we need a measuring stick and to go against someone else where we can put our best five to seven players on the floor instead of just mixing it up with each other.”

Morehead State plays Kentucky tonight in Rupp Arena in a special exhibition game to raise money for charity.

“Our guys are fired up for this,” Spradlin, who worked under Calipari at UK, said.

His plan was to tell them about the game after his team finished practicing the day word leaked out about the game. With social media, news started spreading among the players before practice even started.

“None of the players asked me, but they were asking my assistants,” Spradlin said. “We gained more focus immediately knowing we were going to play the number five team in the country in about two weeks. We only have one guy on the roster that started a game as a sophomore. He was the only guy .

“We have five Kentucky kids, and four are freshmen. This is really going to be special for them and what a great experience for all of us really. I told them that is the toughest environment in all of sports. It’s the most hostile environment. It’s going to get loud and we have to try and keep our focus against their great length and athleticism. Can we negate that length and speed and do little things to stay in the game?”
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post